Medical Science Liaison, Ohio Valley
Company: Pharmacyclics, an Abbvie Company
Posted on: October 13, 2019
Pharmacyclics is committed to the development and commercialization
of novel therapies intended to improve the quality and duration of
life and to resolve serious unmet medical needs for cancer
patients. Pharmacyclics is a wholly-owned subsidiary of AbbVie
(NYSE:ABBV), a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company.
Oncology is a key therapeutic area for AbbVie, with a portfolio
consisting of three marketed products and a pipeline containing
multiple promising new molecules that are being studied in more
than 200 clinical trials for over 20 different types of cancer.
More than 1,200 Pharmacyclics and AbbVie research scientists,
clinicians, marketing, operations and corporate professionals work
in the San Francisco Bay Area. They combine their expertise in
immuno-oncology, stem cells, and cell-signaling with their
knowledge of bispecific antibodies, antibody-drug conjugates
(ADCs), and covalent-inhibitor technologies to discover and develop
novel cancer treatments. Together, we are striving to outsmart
To learn more about us, please visit us at
Pharmacyclics is seeking a
Medical Science Liaison, Ohio Valley (OH/KY/WV & Western PA)
Medical Science Liaisons (MSLs) are field-based scientific/clinical
experts that report to a Director/Sr Regional Director of MSLs
within the Medical Affairs (MA) department. MSLs are trained
professionals with strong clinical and/or scientific backgrounds
who must have excellent communication skills. They are responsible
for identifying, developing and managing relationships with current
and future Healthcare Providers(HCP's) in academic and community
- Exchange complex medical & scientific information with the
hematology / oncology community.
- Develop valued and productive scientific relationships with
Opinion Leaders (OLs) and other disease experts.
- Provide medical/scientific presentations to internal & external
- Provide internal Medical stakeholders with feedback and
insights from interactions and discussions with HCPs.
- Assist with awareness of company-sponsored clinical trials and
investigator-initiated trials (ISTs).
- Provide support at professional meetings, including staffing
exhibits, collecting competitive intelligence and developing tools
that support the function.
- Adhere to corporate and healthcare compliance guidance in all
activities, including those related to clinical trials, scientific
interactions with internal and external groups, and responses to
unsolicited requests for medical/scientific information.
- Maintain clinical, scientific, and technical expertise in
specific therapeutic areas; review scientific journals, attend
scientific and key technical meetings.
- Represent the company and Medical Affairs during exchanges with
the medical/scientific community.
- Establish and maintain ongoing long-term collaborative
peer-to-peer relationships with Hematologist, Oncologists, and
other HCPs within their assigned territory.
- Respond to and document unsolicited requests for scientific
information for ibrutinib and other products, including those in
- Assist with clinical trial awareness and Engage with assigned
Cooperative Groups to support their scientific and research needs
as consistent with Pharmacyclics Medical Affairs strategy.
- Collaborate with publication planning to support development of
publications and communications.
- Facilitate investigator interactions with Medical Directors and
other internal stakeholders.
- Provide clinical input and training to internal functions
within regulatory guidelines.
- Provide support for content development and delivery of
clinical presentations at Advisory Boards.
- PharmD, PhD or RN with advanced degree preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in hematological/oncological
- 5+ years of experience as field-based MSL, preferred.
- 8+ years of experience in industry (e.g.,
biotech/pharmaceutical/medical device company, Contract Research
Organization), academic research, or public health preferred.
- Experience with clinical research, publication activities,
congress/conference and presenting scientific data
- Experience functioning as a field-based employee
- Training and/or knowledge of Good Clinical Practice (GCP) and
- Ability to effectively build relationships and work with global
- Think strategically; apply knowledge and analytical skills in a
highly regulated environment; and align medical and commercial
- Ability to summarize complex information and present in a
clear, concise, and scientifically accurate manner to a range of
- Knowledge of ICH guidelines, FDA Drug Regulations with respect
to DDMAC, PhRMA Principles on Conduct of Clinical Trials and
Communication of Clinical Trial Results, and OIG Compliance Program
Guidance for Pharmaceutical Manufacturers.
- Excellent communication skills, Strong problem solving,
decision-making, influencing, and negotiation skills.
- Able to travel overnight (up to 60%)
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Keywords: Pharmacyclics, an Abbvie Company, Columbus , Medical Science Liaison, Ohio Valley, Healthcare , Columbus, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!