Supermarket Team Member
Company: Giant Eagle
Location: Grove City
Posted on: May 6, 2021
Job SummaryA "now hiring application" is for a variety of Team
Leader positions that our Company frequently hires. By submitting
this application, you are expressing interest for this location.
Team Leaders work with enthusiasm and pride. We have fun and
constantly inspire each other to go the extra mile. We are hiring
Team Leaders for a variety of departments, including: Overnight
Grocery, Grocery, Produce, Meat, Deli, Prepared Foods and BakeryJob
- Experience Required: Retail work experience or Store Leader
- Experience Desired: Retail leadership or supervisory
experience; Successful performance as a Peer Trainer, in-store
champion, or other similar role; Demonstrated product knowledge
relevant to department
- Education Required: High school diploma or equivalent
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 50 pounds
- Age Requirement: At least 18 years of ageJob Responsibilities
- Direct, oversee, and evaluate training provided to department
Team Members to reduce turnover, promote efficiency and control
- Provide motivational leadership to an amazing team by focusing
on respect and by setting an exemplary example.
- Identify strengths and opportunities of the team and think
strategically when making moves and scheduling.
- Develop future leaders, identify Team Members who are poised to
rise through the ranks and remember our people are our best
- Nurture an environment of inclusion and diversity, giving each
Team Member a voice.
- Maintain safety as the top priority in all aspects of our work:
for Team Members, for guests and for products.
- Inspire the team and our guests with a passion for food and a
willingness to go the extra mile to provide the best product.
- Set and reach aggressive sales and profit goals by making
suggestions when appropriate, while also managing shrink.
- Establish an ongoing communication plan with the team, ensuring
that all Team Members are informed and prepared to put their best
- Communicate with the merchandising team to ensure that
promotions are properly communicated to Team Members and
- Make innovative plans and suggestions to improve our
- Review and analyze financial, LOB reports, and historical
reports to improve performance in sales, profits, shrink, labor
controls, and reduction. Oversee period inventories for accuracy
and monitor weekly fluctuations in inventory and shrink
dollars.About UsAt Giant Eagle Inc., we're more than just food,
fuel and convenience. We're one giant family of diverse and
talented Team Members. Our people are the heart and soul of our
company. It's why we strive to create a nurturing environment that
offers countless career opportunities to grow. Deep caring and
solid family values are what makes us the one of the top work
places for jobs in the Greater Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Columbus and
Indianapolis Areas. From our Warehouses to our GetGo's, our grocery
Stores through our Corporate home office we are working together to
put food on shopper's tables' and smiles on their faces. We're
always searching for the best Team Members to welcome to our
family. We invite you to join our Giant Eagle family. Come start a
lasting career with us.
Keywords: Giant Eagle, Columbus , Supermarket Team Member, Hospitality & Tourism , Grove City, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!