Posted on: August 7, 2022
Reports to: Store Manager / Assistant Manager
This Job Description defines minimum standards of performance and
skills required to function as a Delivery Specialist at RENT-2-OWN.
In addition to these minimum standards, each Delivery Specialist
must be willing to identify and perform tasks which contribute to
the overall mission of the RENT-2-OWN business and its relationship
with our valued customers. This position is responsible for the
delivery, set up, service and retrieval of products to and from the
RENT-2-OWN customer's homes. The Delivery Specialist must properly
and securely load products into delivery trucks, using straps and
pads to avoid damage during transit. When arriving at the
customer's home, the Delivery Specialist must check out the
premises to make sure that the product will be in a safe
environment and that the product is being delivered to the proper
person. The Delivery Specialist will explain the RENT-2-OWN Rental
Agreement to the customer, therefore insuring the customer
understands all parts of the agreement. The Delivery Specialist
also explains and demonstrates all the various features and
benefits of the product before leaving the home. The Delivery
Specialist is also accountable for retrieving products from the
homes of customers who choose not to renew the agreement. The
Delivery Specialist must work in a professional manner while in the
process of retrieving the rental products. It should be the goal of
the Delivery Specialist to maintain a strong relationship with the
customers in all phases of the rental process. The Delivery
Specialist also contributes to his/her team by repairing, cleaning
and moving product from the stockroom to the sales floor for
- Maintains complete knowledge of the RENT-2-OWN Rental Agreement
and Benefit's Program and is able to communicate this knowledge to
- Follows all store policies and procedures for interacting with
- Can successfully document and receive customer payments in the
field and store.
- Maintains complete knowledge of all product features and can
demonstrate proper operation and connection.
- Responsible for product being clean and in proper working order
prior to display on the showroom floor.
- Responsible for product being complete in all pieces, parts,
accessories, & manuals during delivery and pick-up.
- Uses hand trucks, dollies and other equipment to transport
product while providing a safe, damage free delivery.
- Receives product into the store by following the proper
inventory receiving and transfer procedures.
- Maintains the backroom in a safe, clean and organized
- Cleans, repairs and performs service and proper service
documentation on product as needed.
- Verifies correct merchandise is being delivered, returned, etc.
by matching documentation inventory to actual inventory.
- When there is a discrepancy of inventory must notify member of
management staff immediately.
- Ensures there is no free-standing inventory outside the
building at the end of business each day. All outdoor inventory
must be secured to prevent inventory loss.
- Performs preventative and routine maintenance on delivery
- Responsible for scheduling any maintenance that needs performed
with the permission of management.
- Protects the Company image by safely and courteously operating
the delivery vehicle.
- Ensures that vehicles are free of merchandise at the end of
business each day.
- Ensures vehicles are locked and contents are secured at the end
of each day and when not in use.
- Distributes promotional items and literature such as door
hangers and flyers, during delivery and pickup.
- Performs field visits as needed for late customers.
- Attends and participates in weekly store Team Meetings and
recommended training programs
- Promotes the integrity and goodwill of the company throughout
the business and residential community.
- Satisfactory work record and attendance.
- Valid State motor vehicle operator's license with evidence of
safety and insurability within the guidelines of the
- The ability to safely operate and do basic maintenance with
equipment and delivery vehicles.
- Willingness to work as a Team Player.
- Willingness to work within the policies, procedures and ethics
established by the company.
- Able to properly lift and repetitively maneuver all store
products and equipment including but not limited to household
furniture, appliances and electronics by using proper equipment and
safe lifting techniques.
- Must be dependable, reliable and mature enough to handle all
types of monetary transactions, as well as company assets such as
equipment and vehicles in a safe and sensible manner.
Keywords: Rent-2-Own, Columbus , DELIVERY SPECIALIST, Hospitality & Tourism , London, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!