ASST STORE MGR in PLAIN CITY, OH
Company: Dollar General
Location: Plain City
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Dollar General Corporation has been delivering value to shoppers
for more than 80 years. Dollar General helps shoppers Save time.
Save money. Every day. by offering products that are frequently
used and replenished, such as food, snacks, health and beauty aids,
cleaning supplies, basic apparel, housewares and seasonal items at
everyday low prices in convenient neighborhood locations. Dollar
General operates more than 18,000 stores in 47 states, and were
still growing. Learn more about Dollar General at
www.dollargeneral.com.GENERAL SUMMARY: The Assistant Store Manager
helps maintain a clean, well-organized store with a customer-first
focus. At the direction and delegation of the Store Manager, the
Assistant Store Manager assists with supervision of store
employees, management and presentation of merchandise, completion
of paperwork, and preparation of deposits. The Assistant Store
Manager also performs stocking and cashiering functions, and
performs other duties as necessary to maximize profitability and
customer satisfaction while protecting company assets and reducing
losses.DUTIES and ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide superior customer service leadership; greet and assist
customers, and operate cash register and scanner to itemize the
- Open and close the store a minimum of two days per week.
- Assist Store Manager with scheduling employees, providing
adequate training for employees, conducting safety meetings, and
ensuring employee compliance with company policies and
- Follow company work processes to manage merchandise, including
receiving, unpacking, stocking, restocking and rotating merchandise
on shelves and building merchandise displays.
- Assist in maintaining accurate inventory levels by controlling
damages, markdowns, scanning, paperwork, and facility
- Assist in implementation and maintenance of planograms; ensure
merchandise is presented according to established practices and
Store Manager direction.
- Assist in ensuring financial integrity of the store through
strict cashier accountability, key control, adherences to company
security practices and cash control procedures; authorize and sign
for refunds and overrides, count register tills, and deposit money
- Assist with management of the store in the Store Managers
absence.KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
- Effective interpersonal, written and oral communication
- Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of
- Good organization skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as diagrams,
safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations such as addition,
subtraction, multiplication, division, and percentages.
- Ability to perform cash register functions and generate
- Knowledge of cash, facility, and safety control policies and
- Knowledge of cash handling procedures including cashier
accountability and deposit control.
- Ability to drive own vehicle to the bank to deposit money.WORK
EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION:
- High school diploma or equivalent strongly preferred.
- One year of experience in a retail environment and six months
supervisory experience preferred.WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Frequent walking and standing
- Frequent bending, stooping, and kneeling to run check out
station, stock merchandise and unload trucks; which may also
require the ability to push and/or pull rolltainers for stocking
- Frequent handling of merchandise and equipment such as handheld
scanners, pricing guns, box cutters, merchandise containers,
two-wheel dollies, U-boats (six-wheel carts), and rolltainers
- Frequent and proper lifting of up to 40 pounds; occasional
lifting of up to 55 pounds
- Occasional climbing (using step ladder) up to heights of six
- Fast-paced environment; moderate noise level
- Occasional exposure to outside weather conditions
- Occasional or regular driving/providing own transportation to
make bank deposits, attend management meetings and travel to other
Dollar General stores.Dollar General Corporation is an equal
opportunity employer.Requisition ID: 2016-115173 Street: 234 S.
JEFFERSON AVE. External Company URL:
Keywords: Dollar General, Columbus , ASST STORE MGR in PLAIN CITY, OH, Hospitality & Tourism , Plain City, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!