Server - Restaurant at Nationwide Arena
Company: Delaware North
Posted on: October 11, 2018
Our Exciting Work Environment The Delaware North Sportservice operation at Nationwide Arena home to the NHL s Columbus Blue Jackets -- includes six private party towers, clubs, suites, concessions and premium dining areas.
But it s not just the fans who benefit from the arena s food experience; Delaware North s executive chef-led culinary team at Nationwide Arena offers a lesson in healthy cooking to Blue Jackets prospects during summer developmental camp.
In addition, Delaware North operates retail services for the team at Nationwide Arena, including the Fox Sports Ohio Blue Line team store.
Our Diner-themed concession stands offer traditional arena fare such as hot dogs, pretzels, popcorn, assorted Pepsi products and a wide variety of beers featuring Ohio Local Breweries such as Land Grant and BrewDog .
Our Grille-themed concession stands add a few twists to the traditional fare with a variety of hot sandwiches at the Chef's Corner and the always popular Bacon-On-A-Stick.
Why work for us?
- You will be a part of the Nationwide Arena game day experience
- Work with your friends Special Refer-A-Friend Bonus program Special Perks
- Meals provided
- Discounted parking or a quick bus ride from anywhere in the city, including a direct route from OSU
- Rewards & Recognition program Work Schedule
- Flexibility in scheduling -- Low commitment for part-time work
- Great for 2nd income, students, and retirees The Opportunity Serves food and beverage items to guests in accordance with the Company s GuestPath Universal Service Standards and applicable Operational Standards.
- Greets guests at table and supplies guests with menus if necessary
- Communicates daily specials, answers questions about menu items, and takes beverage and/or food orders
- Serves alcoholic beverages responsibly, requests identification, adheres to all unit and company alcohol service policies and procedures.
- Enters orders into point-of-sale system.
- Picks up drinks and food when orders are ready and delivers orders to guests
- Observes and follows-up with guests to respond if they require additional service
- Prepares and delivers check to guests at table
- Accepts and processes payment or directs customer to cashier
- Performs opening, closing, and side work duties as assigned
- Performs other duties as assigned Non-essential Functions:
- Cleans table and prepares it for next guests
- Makes suggestions to management to improve service, or change menus
- Trains others on job duties and company procedures Education & Experience:
- Previous experience as a server, or similar guest service position strongly preferred.
- Previous experience with a point-of-sale system in service or hospitality environment preferred Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent guest service skills; ability to adhere to Company s GuestPath Universal Service Standards
- Ability to complete required pre-employment sanitation and alcohol service training
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work under pressure and handle multiple table assignments at one time
- Possess basic knowledge of standard drink recipes and alcohol brand names.
- Ability to operate point-of-sale system to enter orders and prepare checks.
- Basic math skills; ability to accurately total guest checks and count change
- Strong communication skills, including listening skills and ability to take food and beverage orders and fill those orders correctly. Physical Requirements:
- Ability to remain on feet for entire length of shift
- Constant standing, walking, bending, reaching and repetitive motions.
- Ability to maneuver between tables and around corners.
- Ability to lift, balance and move large food trays, weighing up to 35 lbs.
- Visual acuity and hearing sufficient to take orders and prepare bills. Physical Requirements:
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds for set-up, service and clean up of functions
- Ability to stand or walk for entire length of shift; may include walking up and down stairs
- Good mobility to maneuver between tables to deliver food to customers. Environmental Working Conditions:
- Variable temperatures required to move between hot, noisy conditions of kitchen and climate-controlled dining environment
- Noise level may be moderate to high during busy times *Nothing in this job description restricts the management s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities on this job at any time.
Delaware North Companies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Who We Are Take your career beyond the ordinary to the extraordinary.
At Delaware North, you ll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it s in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there s no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision, grow with us.
Delaware North is one of the largest and most admired, privately-held hospitality companies in the world. Founded and owned by the Jacobs family for nearly 100 years, it is a global leader in hospitality and food service with operations in the sports, travel hospitality, restaurants and catering, parks, resorts, gaming and specialty retail industries. Delaware North has annual revenue exceeding $3 billion with 60,000 employee associates. To learn more, visit .
All applicants will be subject to a pre-employment background check and may be subject to a pre-employment drug test depending upon the position and/or client requirements.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.
Associated topics: business, commercial, director, manager, manager iv, office manager, operations manager, senior care, supervisor, supervisory
Keywords: Delaware North, Columbus , Server - Restaurant at Nationwide Arena, Hospitality & Tourism , Columbus, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!