Bulk/Specialty Foods Lead (Full Time) Grandview Yard Market District
Company: Giant Eagle
Posted on: November 10, 2018
About UsWho We Are:
Finding a career in a new world of food is closer than you think. Market District is a food destination that is a big part of the Giant Eagle family of stores. At Market District, we celebrate a passion for amazing food and food expertise by combining the best of everyday grocery shopping with foods, ingredients and services rarely found in traditional supermarkets. In 13 locations in southwestern Pennsylvania, Ohio and Indiana, the Market District stores feature teams of chefs and other culinary professionals preparing fresh foods from scratch every day. All of our Team Members, Chefs and other culinary professionals are expertly trained to provide unsurpassed quality and service. And we love FOOD!
Our Market District family has a special heart for Team Members who understand the difference between making a meal and making an adventure. That's a quality we want to help grow, so we take care to match the best candidates to their perfect roles. That simply makes good sense, and we think our Team Members appreciate knowing that we're setting them up for success the moment they walk through our doors. We know you'll deliver exceptional experiences for our guests when we deliver unparalleled experiences for you.Position SummaryOur Specialty /Bulk Foods Lead is a key player in making sure we are offering the best and most unique products in town. In addition to providing unparalleled guest service and supporting the Grocery Team Leader in developing an amazing team, you'll be the one we look to stay on top of department records, processes, standards, and methods. This role is for a mover and a shaker in the foodie world! Who You Are: You are a team player at heart. You know that you are only successful when those around you are set up for success. You are eager to support an amazing team, have the drive to grow your career in leadership, and have the ability to inspire those around you. You are creative with cuisine, and love to help others foster their own creativity. An interest in food doesn't quite scratch the surface for you; you're passionate about the business, the trends, and what makes customers tick. You have culinary vision beyond a simple --What's for dinner?-- and every opportunity to connect with people is an opportunity for you exchange ideas and learn tricks of the trade. Our store leads are the cream of the crop and must ensure that each guest discovers the pleasure of tasting incredible food and our passion for providing it at every turn.Job Responsibilities
- Perform all functions of a Team Leader in his/her absence, when necessary and where appropriate. Desire to become a Team Leader required.
- Direct Team Members by using work lists as well as understanding and performing all duties required of a clerk. This includes directing, overseeing and evaluating all training of new and current Team Members.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule and be scheduled according to needs of business including but not limited to necessary required amount of nights, weekends and holidays.
- Demonstrate strong knowledge, interest and passion for products and services associated with the role.
- Be able to write department orders, monitor ordering, and supervise stocking and receiving with latest tools and technology and autonomated ordering systems. Track and reduce out of stocks and participate in taking of physical inventories. Utilize all available tools to help reduce and eliminate shrink.
- Take an active role in building the store--s product assortment, throughout the year and at resets by cultivating strong working relationships with customers/vendors/suppliers.
- Maintain a safe and clean environment to ensure the safety of customers and Team Members while exceeding health and OSHA requirements.
- Provide coaching and feedback to Team Members not meeting standards and submit safety Team Member coaching event
- Comply and perform self-assessments to maintain necessary standards and pass all steritech, internal and external audits. Complete incident prevention checklists as required.
- Provide guest service that exceeds requirements for both internal and external guests. Understand all Guest Service Initiatives and Measurement tools (i.e. Voice of Guest, Mystery Shoppers). Respond to guest calls regarding product inquiries, special orders and product requests. Address customer care calls when appropriate. Provide coaching and feedback to Team Members not meeting guest service standards.
- Follow work designs and methods, and update as needed following 6s requirements.
- Prepare, maintain and track records concerning inventories and work processes to calculate monthly gross profits according to company policy.
- Follow company sampling requirements/suggestive selling and comply with Day of the Week Merchandising initiatives.
- Follow merchandise letters and PDPs as well as execute all sign package responsibilities and daily/weekly price changes.
- Be able to use and navigate all required company applications resources including, but not limited to GE Central, the RTM system and email
- Attend and conduct daily team huddles as directed by Team Leader
- Understand and adhere to all relevant local, state and federal laws/guidelines as well as company policies. Responsible for reporting any incidents in violation of these guidelines or policies.
- Ability to understand and adhere to the collective bargaining agreement.
- Attend and conduct daily team huddles as directed by Team Leader.
Education and Training Required
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 6 months to 1 year
- Desire to become a Non-union Team Leader required.
- Prior experience in grocery/dairy or related field
- At least 18 years of age
Shift** Retail Shifts **Competencies Required
- Customer Focused
- Gets Things Done
- Interpersonal Skills
- Problem Solving
- Respect for Self and Others
- Computer Skills
- Conflict Resolution
- Innovation Management
- Open to Feedback
- Presentation & Verbal Communic
- Written Communication
- Normal store environment with no continuous exposure to extreme temps, dust, etc
- Carrying Up to 50 pounds
- Fax Machine
- Cardboard Baler
- Cash Register
- Electric/Manual Jacks
Keywords: Giant Eagle, Columbus , Bulk/Specialty Foods Lead (Full Time) Grandview Yard Market District, Hospitality & Tourism , Columbus, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!