Meat Wrapper (Part Time) Kingsdale Market District $400 Sign on Bonus
Company: Giant Eagle, Inc.
Posted on: January 14, 2019
Who We Are:
Finding a career in a new world of food is closer than you think. Market District is a food destination that is a big part of the Giant Eagle family of stores. At Market District, we celebrate a passion for amazing food and food expertise by combining the best of everyday grocery shopping with foods, ingredients and services rarely found in traditional supermarkets. In 13 locations in southwestern Pennsylvania, Ohio and Indiana, the Market District stores feature teams of chefs and other culinary professionals preparing fresh foods from scratch every day. All of our Team Members, Chefs and other culinary professionals are expertly trained to provide unsurpassed quality and service. And we love FOOD!
Our Market District family has a special heart for Team Members who understand the difference between making a meal and making an adventure. That's a quality we want to help grow, so we take care to match the best candidates to their perfect roles. That simply makes good sense, and we think our Team Members appreciate knowing that we're setting them up for success the moment they walk through our doors. We know you'll deliver exceptional experiences for our guests when we deliver unparalleled experiences for you.
Our Meat Wrapper ensures that our guests are receiving the best and most delicious products, presented according to their requirements. In addition to providing unparalleled guest service and supporting the Meat Lead, you'll be the one we look to make sure that our offerings and services promote guest loyalty, and growth and success for the store. This role is for a mover and a shaker in the foodie world! Who You Are: You are a team player at heart. You know that you are only successful when those around you are set up for success. You are eager to support an amazing team, have the drive to grow your career in leadership, and have the ability to inspire those around you. You are creative with cuisine, and love to help others foster their own creativity. An interest in food doesn't quite scratch the surface for you; you're passionate about the business, the trends, and what makes customers tick. You have culinary vision beyond a simple \""What's for dinner?\"" and every opportunity to connect with people is an opportunity for you exchange ideas and learn tricks of the trade. Our store leads are the cream of the crop and must ensure that each guest discovers the pleasure of tasting incredible food and our passion for providing it at every turn.
- Maintain safety as the top priority in all aspects of our work, for our Team Members, guests, and products.
- Provide unparalleled guest service, constantly striving to delight and surprise our guests, vendors, and stakeholders.
- Cultivate a foodie culture by sharing excitement and passion for food with Team Members and guests.
- Inspire your fellow Team Members and our guests with a passion for food and a willingness to go the Extra Mile to provide the best product.
- Become familiar with products in the store to answer questions and make suggestions to guests.
- Smile and greets guests in a friendly manner, whether the encounter takes place in the team member's designated department or elsewhere in the store
- Properly handle products and equipment in accordance with food safety and safety guidelines to ensure a safe shopping environment.
- Replenish product in the meat cases, rotating product and ensuring code dating procedures are followed and only the freshest product is available for sale.
- Maintain cleanliness of department and work area, including the back room.
- Assist in maintaining meat cooler and freezer efficiency by unloading deliveries.
- Rotate and check code dates on products to ensure customers safety.
- Responsible for controlling some expense within a department.
Education and Training Required
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 0 to 6 months
- Prior meat cutting experience
- Cold Prep Rooms
- Carrying Up to 50 pounds
- Lifting Up to 50 pounds
- Customer Focused
- Gets Things Done
- Interpersonal Skills
- Problem Solving
- Respect for Self and Others
- Power Washer
- Shrink Wrap Machine
- Watchguard Detergent Dispenser
- Auto Wrapper
- Cardboard Baler
- Electric/Manual Jacks
- Heat Seal Gun
- Ice Machine
- Label Gun
- Manual Wrapper
- Plastic Baler
- Power jacks
- Pressure Hose
- Pressure Washer
- Price Gun
- Safety Cutter
- Scale Labeler
- Shrink Wrapper
- Steam Machine
- Trash compactor
- At least 18 years of age
1st Shift - 6a - 3p, 2nd Shift - 2p - 10p
Founded in 1931, Giant Eagle is one of the 40 largest family-operated companies in the US and operates Giant Eagle, GetGo and Market District stores. Giant Eagle has grown to be the number one supermarket retailer in the region with retail locations throughout western Pennsylvania, north central Ohio, northern West Virginia, Maryland, and Indiana. As we continue to grow and expand, our commitment to our core values and the well-being of our Team Members, customers, and our communities is as strong as ever. We listen to what you have to say and do everything we can to provide a safe, caring, family-oriented environment. Giant Eagle strives to be a best place to work in the eyes of the nearly 36,000 individuals who work in our stores, pharmacies, warehouses and in our corporate offices. At Giant Eagle, you'll have the opportunity to develop a real career with countless opportunities for you to grow with us. The way we conduct business and treat one another – our Team Members, customers, community members and valued partners – defines what the Giant Eagle culture is all about.
Keywords: Giant Eagle, Inc., Columbus , Meat Wrapper (Part Time) Kingsdale Market District $400 Sign on Bonus, Hospitality & Tourism , Columbus, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!