Human Resources Generalist
Company: Jacobi Group
Posted on: January 16, 2022
We are currently recruiting for an HR Generalist who is
responsible for providing overall human resources support to the
Americas division.--This role is responsible for benefit
administration, payroll, staffing & recruitment, onboarding and
offboarding and general administration of HR policies.--The ideal
candidate is a detail oriented, customer service focused, problem
solver that has a strong overall knowledge of HR practices, laws
and regulations.--Our hope for this role is an individual who is
passionate about learning more about HR and grow their skills and
abilities in the discipline.--This position reports to the HR
Director located in the Columbus, OH office.--
- Payroll: Processes payroll for hourly and salaried
- Benefits: Administers employee health & welfare plans including
new hire and open enrollment, acts as a liaison between employees
and benefits consultants, and submits 401K deposit information to
third party provider.
- Onboarding: Coordinates all new hire needs including email, ERP
and shared cloud access, purchases cell phones, business cards, and
coordinates computers.--Additionally, works with various leaders to
schedule various departmental orientations within Jacobi.
- Recruiting: Assists with recruitment and interview process
through the applicant tracking system.--Coordinates all phone and
onsite interviews with candidates and leadership team for open
positions.--Includes providing candidates with relevant information
regarding the position and company as well as providing leaders
with relevant information regarding candidates.--This may include
coordination of flights, hotels and cars.--Also, responds with
follow up letters at the end of the recruiting process.
- Employee Relations:--Handles low level employee concerns and
works with HR Leader on investigations and corrective actions.
- Performance Reviews and Merit statements: Updates leaders on
performance review status of performance management process and
creates and disperses Total Reward Statements for employees.
- Employee Engagement: Works with the HR Manager and activities
committee to plan Town Halls, Leadership Summits, and all company
- Employee Records: Processes HR/Payroll related changes and
maintains all employee files to ensure accuracy and
compliance.--This includes scanning all employee documents into the
- Training & Development: Arranges employee training and adds all
training records into HRIS.--Will also conduct new hire orientation
for new hires.
- Employment verifications:--Conducts all employee verifications
& unemployment paperwork to state agencies.
- Reports: Creates and maintains employee hours reports, PTO
Reports, Attendance reports and safety reports.--Previous Work &
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources Management, or a related
- 2-4 years' experience in Human Resources functions including
payroll and benefits
- PHR or SHRM-CP is a plus
- Must have a great deal of integrity and practice strict
- Proficiency with MS Office products required
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skillsJacobi Carbons,
Inc. is the world's largest manufacturer of coconut based activated
carbon. Jacobi Carbons, Inc. is a part of Jacobi AB, a proud member
of the Osaka Gas Chemicals Group. Jacobi Carbons is an
Keywords: Jacobi Group, Columbus , Human Resources Generalist, Human Resources , Columbus, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!