Solutions Architect (Oracle PDH/MDM Application)
Posted on: April 10, 2021
TITLE: Solutions Architect (Oracle PDH/MDM Application)LOCATION:
Blacklick, OHDURATION: 6 months contract with a conversion to an
DUE TO FULLTIME STATUS, 3RD PARTY VENDORS/CANDIDATES AND RECENT
GRADS DO NOT APPLY!
UPON APPLYING, PLEASE ATTACH YOUR UPDATED RESUME ONLY QUALIFIED
LOCAL CANDIDATES WITHSOLUTIONS ARCHITECTURE, ORACLE PDH, MDM, JAVA
APIR AND, SOA EXPERIENCE NEED APPLY! JOB DESCRIPTION:
- This role will be responsible for daily management and
operation of critical Product (MDM), Global Permissions, Rights and
Royalty applications in the back office landscape at company.
- The role will need to interface with the business and set and
manage the vision (roadmap) for these critical applications. With
the vision (roadmap) set, the role will also be responsible for
executing the roadmap through various enhancement or project
- The role will also be responsible for management and oversight
of both internal and external IT personnel. Application
ManagementManage day-to-day operations and staff and work with the
offshore vendor teams on the planning, requirements gathering,
design, and testing of application enhancements / modifications for
the following applications:o Custom Permissions applicationo
Commercial, Off the shelf Rights & Royalty applicationo Commercial,
Off the shelf Product (Oracle PDH / MDM) application
- Provide functional and application expertise among a team of
business solution analysts and functional solution architects to
provide solutions to diverse problems for our business units
professionals in company.
- Conduct reviews and analysis of business and information
technology processes and solicit client requirements through
interviews, workshops and/or existing systems documentation or
- Identify customer requirements, write functional designs,
review functional designs with end-user for user
- Determine underlying issues to common business problems and use
appropriate influencing, negotiation, and change management
techniques to implement best practice solutions.
- Responsible for the quality of the solution delivered and
ensuring it meets the business requirements and expectations
- Responsible for defining and communicating the process and
organizational impacts of the new technology solution
- Liaison between the project and other GTS and business unit
organizations. Responsible for ensuring other departments that may
be impacted by the project are informed, expectations are set,
- May be asked to assist in the Evaluation / selection of
implementation services providers
- May be asked to review / approve the technical solution
architectures on assigned projects.
- May be asked to validate the proposed architectures fit within
the ***'s standards and enterprise application strategy. 50%Project
Oversight & Delivery
- Work with the Business Leadership to identify strategic
business needs, high level requirements, potential technology
solutions and business benefits for enterprise application
- Work with company's leadership and project managers to develop
a high level scope, budget, project plan, resource plan, etc.
- Work with the business units to define business case for
approval and funding as appropriate.
- Work with company's leadership and project management to define
the overall scope, detailed timeline, budget, resource
requirements, based on guidelines provided from the executive
- Work with project managers to define, communicate and manage
Risk Plans, Communication Plans
- Work with the business teams to understand organizational &
business process change management impacts due to the new
- Develop use cases and test scripts and validate with user
community and develop test schedules
- Review testing plans and track/document the development and
results of these plans working with onsite and offshore development
- Facilitate user acceptance testing; track quality metrics for
- Responsible for successful delivery of projects associated with
Rights & Royalty applications (on time and on budget) 25% Vendor
- Work with the offshore vendor teams (such as Wipro, TCS, or
others) on requirements documentation, functional design, assembly
testing, and User Acceptance Testing of enhancements/upgrades to
- Oversee Service Level Agreement (SLA) as defined in
contract/statement of work
- Define and manage vendor metrics for use in SLAs
- Ensure SLA compliance with contract
- Leverage SLAs to improve quality and cost effectiveness across
- Monitor vendor effectiveness and develop best practices
- Evaluate and provide vendor contributions and business
- Validate and manage vendor invoices 20%
- Staff Management
- Provide mentoring to GTS staff members reporting to you
- Perform mid-year and year end performance reviews 5%
3. OTHER REQUIRED ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Lead in developing the vision for the application.
- Must be able to coach a team in analysis, design, development,
testing and implementation.
- Reports progress and status toward department goals in a timely
and effective manner.
- Establish Domain expertise in all the relevant back office
systems as needed to support project initiatives
- Promote knowledge sharing of best practices across the Global
Technology Solutions organization
- Utilize project management processes and methodologies for IT
that ensure projects are delivered on-time, within budget, adhere
to high quality standards, and meet the customer's
- May be required to deliver project implementation from 'cradle
- May be required to perform some hardware planning in addition
to software application development
- May be required to perform software evaluations
- Serve as a liaison to the user community and facilitate the
demand intake and prioritization process
- Conduct team member performance reviews
- Evaluate new Software as appropriate
- Successfully work with developers in an onsite and offshore
- Coordinate functional changes across the many divisions.
- Document requirements via industry standard analysis techniques
such as data flow modeling, workflow analysis, and functional
- Staff size is 12-15 team members consisting of clients staff
(4) and vendor resources.
5. KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
- Degree in Management Information Systems / Computer Science (or
equivalent), MBA is desirable
- Minimum 8-10 yrs of experience implementing Enterprise Business
Systems in large global organizations
- Multiple years of working in a custom development environment
- Thorough understanding of Agile Software Development Lifecycles
(and testing methodologies), preferably working in
Offshore/Outsourcing development and support models.
- Experience working with on premise, custom, and cloud based
application technologies is required. Oracle Cloud experience
- Experience with Oracle Product Hub is a differentiator.
- Experience migrating on premise applications to cloud based
infrastructure is highly desirable as one or more applications is
scheduled for migration to the cloud in the current roadmap.
- Experience with and working knowledge of multiple database
technologies (ie SQL Server or Oracle) in a custom development
environment is required.
- Experience with and working knowledge of multiple application
architectures (like J2EE or .NET) in a custom development
environment is required.
- Experience with and working knowledge of programming languages
environment is required.
- Experience with and working knowledge of web application server
technologies (like Apache Tomcat, Apache Solr, etc) in a custom
development environment is required.
- Experience with and working knowledge of integration
technologies (like Informatica ETL, SOA services, REST, etc) in a
custom development environment is required.
- Thorough understanding of data modeling techniques & master
data management principles is highly desirable.
- Thorough understanding of data governance practices and
principles is highly desirable
- Background in reconciliation and audit practices and principles
is highly desirable
- Prior Tier 1 Consulting experience is highly desirable.
- Background in the Publishing or Media & Entertainment industry
(or similar) is desirable.
- Background in Product Development or Product Engineering
processes (specifically around product introduction and
maintenance, permissions, rights acquisition, and royalty tracking,
calculation, and payment processes) is desirable.
- Project Management experience and thorough understanding of
project management techniques are a plus.
- Experience in creating and implementing business processes is a
Keywords: ConsultNet, Columbus , Solutions Architect (Oracle PDH/MDM Application), IT / Software / Systems , Marengo, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!