Product Technical Services Advisor & Estimator
Location: New Lexington
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Ludowici, a leader in terracotta roofing, claddings, sunscreen
and flooring building products, is seeking a full-time product
technical services advisor and estimator to assist in continuing
overall company successes and growth. This product technical
services role is a critical position within Ludowici. This role is
responsible for providing accurate and timely material estimates
for our sales team and customers while following standard company
practices and procedures. Ludowici offers a collaborative, team
environment where open discussions and sharing of information and
expertise is encouraged. Successful candidates should have
knowledge of commercial, institutional and residential construction
drawings, specifications, and processes. Please
visit--www.ludowici.com--to learn more.
- Primary responsibility will be to prepare product material
estimates for roofing, wall cladding, flooring and trade good
materials.--This will require putting together component-based
material takeoffs and writing formal pricing proposals.--
- Must prepare material proposals for a wide variety of projects
across the U.S. and occasionally for export market.
- Must be able to review plans, specifications, and designs with
Sales/Project Management teams to highlight areas of concern.
- Must work with inner company Trade Goods Manager/Department to
promote/manage standard trade good component pricing ensuring
proposals include all materials company can offer.
- Must be able to review material takeoffs and proposals
developed by others for accuracy and completeness prior to material
- Maintain and update material proposal tools, forms, policies
- Additional responsibilities include working with the Director
of Technical Services to keep all product technical support tools
and documents accurate and up to date.
- Communicate with company sales representatives and external
customers including building owners, contractors & architects.
- Answer technical questions regarding product information,
product installation and product pricing.
- Participate in contractor training events presenting company
prototypical details and assist in directing hands on training
- Use construction knowledge of roof, wall and floor assembly
construction principles to perform takes off and build sales
- Ensure all sales quotation data is entered accurately and
clearly to define the scope of the sales quotation.
- Participate in conference calls or onsite meetings with sales
representative and architects as well as perspective customers
regarding construction and installation detailing.
- Communicate with internal project managers and customer service
- Provide required product configuration information at the time
the order is won so order confirmations can be sent to
- Provide required submittal drawings for custom parts that
require customer approval at the time the order is won.
- Participate in weekly meetings to coordinate the timing of
issuing production drawings to manufacturing department for orders
requiring custom parts.
- Coordinate projects with custom parts with production
supervisors and manufacturing department contacts to ensure project
remains on schedule and is successfully manufactured.
- Produce timely and accurate production drawings for custom
- Communicate with manufacturing department contacts to ensure
their understanding of production drawings.
- When needed, attend project jobsites, attend pre-construction
meetings and then follow-up visits with written observation and
- 2-4 years experience in an estimating role working with
building materials and in the construction industry
- Strong interpersonal verbal and written skills
- Salesforce CRM and Dynamics 365 software platform
- Experience and proficiency in Revit and/or AutoCAD software
- Planswift computer estimating software (Preferred)
- Experience with steep slope roofing estimates, wall cladding
material estimates and flooring estimates needed.
- Must have an Associates or Bachelor's degree in Construction
Management, Engineering, Architectural Engineering, Architecture,
Drafting or related technical field
- Must have the ability to read and interpret construction
documents from architectural drawings, structural drawings, and
related construction specifications.
- Must have experience with a computer based estimating takeoff
- Must have strong organization skills with self-driven
- Must have assemble, develop and issue material bid/quote
documents from information received from sales representatives,
customers, roofers, distributors and bid document services in order
to meet pricing/bid deadlines
- Must have Commercial/Residential construction experience in
pre-construction services and/or estimating
- Must have the ability to read, interpret and navigate plans and
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office programs, with an
emphasis on Excel and Word
- Must maintain and build strong relationships with current sales
reps, showroom teams, material suppliers and customers by meeting
quote/estimate demands and deadlines.
- Must be willing to work extra hours as required by business
- Must have excellent communication skills (both written and
verbal) and ability to be strong team member
- Must develop and maintain a positive "can-do" attitude
concerning the job, the estimating department, other departments
and our company with both customers, sales teams and fellow
- Must meet sales and customer driven deadlines for material
- Must pay close attention to detail with a strong focus on
- Full timeBENEFITS
- Health, dental, vision, 401K, paid Vacation, paid
- Multiple locations for position include: New Lexington, Ohio -
Dallas, Texas - Cincinnati, OhioTRAVEL:
- Some travel will be required.--
PLEASE REPLY WITH RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO HR@LUDOWICI.COM
DETAILING RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE
LUDOWICI ROOF TILE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY / AFFIRMATIVE ACTION
EMPLOYER. ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL RECEIVE CONSIDERATION FOR
EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, SEXUAL
ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, NATIONAL ORIGIN, DISABILITY, OR
PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS.
Keywords: Ludowici, Columbus , Product Technical Services Advisor & Estimator, IT / Software / Systems , New Lexington, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!