Software Network Engineer
Posted on: June 25, 2022
At a glance:
- Do you specialize in network architecture and creating
strategic requests for proposals?
- Can you commit to a technical position providing expertise to
establish resource requirements for highly complex network
- Do you desire a competitive salary with lucrative benefits and
a focus on professional development?Our company:
At Spectrum Enterprise, our goal is to foster an engaging work
environment that encourages our team members to reach their full
potential. We promote a culture of excellence that celebrates
diversity, innovative thinking and dedication to consistently
exceeding client expectations.
Spectrum Enterprise, a part of Charter Communications, Inc., is a
national provider of scalable, fiber technology solutions serving
America's largest businesses and communications service providers.
The broad Spectrum Enterprise portfolio includes networking and
managed services solutions: Internet access, Ethernet access and
networks, Voice and TV solutions. Spectrum Enterprise's
industry-leading team of experts works closely with clients to
achieve greater business success by providing solutions designed to
meet their evolving needs. More information about Spectrum
Enterprise can be found at enterprise.spectrum.com.
Using your sharp technical skills and client-centric focus, you
effectively plan resource requirements for basic to highly complex
network systems. As an experienced Network Engineer III, you are
passionate about communicating our value proposition through large
requests for proposals (RFPs) and accurately identifying,
forecasting and implementing resource requirements. You propel
sales by designing and establishing protocol compatibility
standards, developing and implementing network enhancements and
monitoring project reporting and metrics for the management.
You enhance the Sales team by collaborating with internal quote
teams to provide improvement recommendations. You accelerate growth
by assisting in operational performance reviews and implementing
network architecture and designs. You thrive in an office
environment and feel comfortable traveling to perform site reviews
and support sales professionals within a specified footprint.
Depending on the business group, you may operate on-call as part of
a 24/7 network operations environment. You report to the Manager of
Network Engineering for goals, guidance and assistance.
- Competitive salary with bonus.
- Health, vision and dental insurance.
- 100% company match 401(k) up to 6%.
- Company funded retirement accumulation plan for an additional
- Education assistance.
- Pretax childcare spending account.
- Paid holidays, vacation days, personal days and sick days.
- Employee discount on spectrum services where available.What you
- Encourage company-wide excellence and growth by supporting all
technical efforts to enhance the client experience.
- Drive network engineering projects by participating in planning
the network architecture.
- Complete network configurations through the integration and
diagraming of communication architectures, topologies, hardware,
software, transmission and signaling links and protocols.
- Enhance the product base through an in-depth product evaluation
and resolving network problems.
- Maintain product and service quality by assisting in the
development and documentation of technical standards.
- Develop, document and implement approved procedure methods for
all daily activities and projects.
- Maximize the design process by establishing protocol
compatibility standards, developing and implementing network
enhancements and making recommendations for improvement.
- Optimize and configure the existing network through the
planning and completion of medium- to highly complex projects,
systems and issues.
- Support third-party vendors and team members across the
organization during implementations by providing escalated tier
troubleshooting and issue resolution.
- Serve on one or more projects simultaneously and occasionally
as a project team lead.
- Improve the department's success by guiding and mentoring less
experienced team members.
- Mitigate risks by complying with all industry-specific local,
state and federal regulations for every project.Required keys for
- Five or more years of data network experience.
- Expert in related industry specifications and standards, such
as Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE),
American National Standards Institute (ANSI), multi-mode fiber,
single-mode fiber, unshielded twisted pair (UTP) cabling, bridging,
switching, routing, Ethernet and transport technologies and
- Advanced knowledge of network design and devices, network
appliances, network architecture, protocols and network
- Proven data networking knowledge, such as open systems
interconnection (OSI) model, transmission control protocol/internet
protocol (TCP/IP) and optical transport.
- Proficient in using internal and vendor ticketing and software
- Deadline-driven with the ability to learn new technologies and
work in a fast-paced team environment.
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and
- Effective written and spoken English communication skills with
all levels of an organization.How you will stand out from the
- Knowledge of Spectrum Enterprise products, services and
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, electrical engineering
or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education,
training and experience (required).
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) (preferred).
- Industry or vendor-specific certifications and training (Cisco,
Juniper, Alcatel-Lucent, etc.) (preferred).ENE311 312317
Keywords: SPECTRUM, Columbus , Software Network Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Columbus, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!