Lead Linux System Administrator
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Description Leidos is seeking an experienced Linux System
Administrator for the role of Core Infrastructure Senior Systems
Administrator - Linux in support of the Defense Information Systems
Agency (DISA) Unified Cyber Situational Awareness (UCSA) program in
Pensacola, FL. The position is primarily responsible for the
planning, development, implementation, maintenance, troubleshooting
and recovery of mission critical enterprise Linux systems.
Additionally, the successful candidate will also be responsible for
analyzing operational requirements, implementing Public Key
Infrastructure (PKI) solutions and troubleshooting PKI related
issues affecting mission critical systems supporting the Department
of Defense (DoD). This position must be within 50 miles of
Pensacola FL, Ft Meade MD, or Columbus OH, is telework friendly,
but the candidate must be able and willing to work on-site as
needed. -Primary Responsibilities
- Manage and administer the UCSA's Red Hat Enterprise Linux-based
systems (RHEL 7 and 8), ensuring their availability, security, and
optimal performance in both the VMware and cloud environments (AWS,
Azure, GCP, OSP).
- Implement and configure two-factor authentication with smart
cards on RHEL 7 and 8 that connect to Active Directory, enhancing
- Apply DISA Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) to
RHEL systems, ensuring compliance with security standards,
including access controls, user authentication, and data
encryption, to safeguard the RHEL environment.
- Gather and analyze metrics from operating systems as well as
applications to assist in performance tuning and fault
- Provide training and guidance on industry best practices to a
small team of junior and/or intermediate Linux administrators,
mentoring their skills and professional excellence.
- Participate in both internal and external system design
consulting, platform management, and capacity planning
- Utilize Git for version control, including repository
management, branching, merging, and code collaboration.
- Design and maintain CI/CD pipelines for automating build, test,
and deployment processes, ensuring efficient software
- Implement Infrastructure-as-Code practices, using tools such as
Ansible, Terraform, Chef, or Puppet, to automate and manage
infrastructure deployments in the cloud and on-prem.
- Stay current with emerging technologies and industry trends in
running production systems, site reliability engineering, and
suggesting and implementing recommendations for enhancements and
- Bachelor's degree and at least 8 years experience in Computer
Science, Information Technology, or a related field (or equivalent
- Extensive experience working as a Linux Administrator,
preferably at a senior level, with a strong focus on Red Hat
Enterprise Linux (RHEL 7 and 8) in both the VMware and cloud
environments (AWS, Azure, GCP, OSP).
- Strong knowledge of RHEL operating systems and their
administration, including installation, configuration, and
- Proven experience in implementing two-factor authentication
with smart cards on RHEL 7 and 8, connecting to Active
- Proficiency in Git for version control, including repository
management and code collaboration and experience with designing and
maintaining CI/CD pipelines for automated software build, test, and
- Familiarity with Infrastructure-as-Code principles and tools
(e.g., Ansible, Terraform, Chef, Puppet).
- In-depth understanding of networking concepts and protocols
(TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, VLANs) on RHEL platforms.
- Experience in implementing and maintaining security measures in
RHEL and Windows environments.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills, with the ability
to mentor and motivate team members.
- run production Unix systems in a quantity > 10
- Strong knowledge of the advantages and disadvantages of
- SECRET Clearance
- IAT Level II (i.e., Security+)
- Experience with Defensive Cyber Systems and Operations
- Experience with DISA Defensive Cyber Platforms
- Familiarity with SAFe AgilePay Range:Pay Range $84,500.00 -
$152,750.00The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general
guideline only -and not a guarantee of compensation or salary.
Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but
are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education,
experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal
equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement
(if any), or other law.
Keywords: Leidos, Columbus , Lead Linux System Administrator, IT / Software / Systems , Columbus, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!