Sr. Developer, IT Applications - Automation Test Developer
Posted on: October 12, 2018
If youre passionate about becoming a Nationwide associate and believe you have the potential to be something great, lets talk.
Number 54 on the Fortune Magazine 100 Best Places to Work.
JOB SUMMARY: With minimal guidance, modifies complex applications programs from detailed specifications. Codes, tests, debugs, documents, and maintains those programs. Competent to work on most phases of applications programming activities, but requires instruction and guidance in phases.
- With minimal guidance, develops cost-effective information technology solutions by creating new or modifying existing software applications that are moderately complex.
- Analyzes and validates moderately complex system requirements and existing business processes and information systems. Develops and implements new programs and/or modifications of existing applications. Responsible for the design, prototyping and other methodologies for new and/or existing systems including the development of test plans and program specifications with minimal interfaces.
- Codes, tests, debugs, documents, and implements moderately complex software applications according to standards.
- Develops specifications and programs moderately complex technical modules, applications, prototypes and computer programs.
- Performs all aspects of applications programming and development including file design, update, storage and retrieval.
- Evaluates and provides technical solutions to moderately complex application development problems.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Undergraduate studies in computer science, management information systems, mathematics or related field is preferred.
Experience: Three years of experience in programming and systems analysis.
Knowledge: Must have proven knowledge in computer programming language. Must have a thorough understanding in systems and data processing policies, practices and procedures. Must have a thorough understanding in systems analysis and design techniques. Must have general knowledge of the systems development life cycle.
Skills/Competencies: Must have the ability to analyze moderately complex applications and systems. Must be able to program moderately complex systems requiring minimal interfaces. Must possess problem-solving skills to determine the programming effects on existing systems. Must have moderate decision-making skills for problem identification and solution recommendation. Must have written and oral communication skills to prepare and communicate programming plans and procedures as well as to interact with all levels within the company.
Values: Regularly and consistently demonstrates the Nationwide Values and Guiding Behaviors.
Staffing Exceptions to the above minimum job requirements must be approved by the: Director and HR Officer
Overtime Eligibility: Not Eligible
Working Conditions: Normal office environment. Associates may have on-call responsibility after normal working hours and/or on weekends.
ADA: The above statements cover what are generally believed to be principal and essential functions of this job. Specific circumstances may allow or require some people assigned to the job to perform a somewhat different combination of duties.
Credit Check: Not Applicable
Safety Sensitive (SS): Not Applicable
Job Evaluation Activity: Evaluated: MDK (12-22-03)
Additional Job Description
The ideal candidate for this role demonstrates a positive attitude, strong professional principles, exceptional communication skills and the ability to build relationships to collaborate with leadership and associates across the Nationwide organization.
They should possess sound knowledge of Lean and Agile development procedures, processes, and practices with the ability to implement improvements in the areas of planning, estimating, deliverable execution, quality improvement, and tools.
The candidate for this position should exhibit excellent technical aptitude with the ability to understand system functionality, interfaces, and information. Proven technical and leadership capabilities are more highly valued than specific system knowledge; excellent analytical skills, being self-motivated, and being a good team player are also necessary.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for learning different technologies and deep-diving into the specifics of an application. Likewise, they should have a passion for automation development.
This role will be set on a Path to Craftsmanship to become a Subject Matter Expert within IPS for the NFCD & PROM applications, as well as a suite of applications that vary in technology stack and scope (a.k.a. ITAM).
As such, this person will be expected to be a technical resource utilized by projects and major initiatives which update and affect these applications.
Knowledge of Policy Administration systems, and/or their interfacing applications, is helpful.
Technical & Other Expectations:
- Desire to learn new technologies and broaden technical skill set.
- Collaborate with NW lines, Scrum Masters, Architects, and Project Managers to improve development and test processes for NW lines and deliver technical solutions and capability uplift.
- Demonstrated ability for problem solving and introducing continuous improvement processes
- Assist inonboarding and uplift of contracted and full-time resources.
- Experience with Linux/Unix, Oracle DBs, and SQL development.
- Experience and/or familiarity with J2EE, MS Access, .NET, GitHub.
- Test automation awareness and skill set is required. Candidate should have hands-on experience in developing and maintaining a suite of automated tests, ideally via Ruby/Cucumber, Tosca, or another current industry tool. Candidate will be expected to maintain & enhance automated testing suites, and develop additional automated processes to streamline test data management, test environment setup, and general testing procedures.
- Candidate will be required to perform both manual and automated testing, as well as other non-testing development assignments within the line.
Nice to have (not required):
- Experience with IBM's BPM/Process and/or Portal Server, Informatica, SOA/Web Services.
- A background or basic knowledge of life and annuity products and regulations is highly desirable, though not necessary.
Job ID: 52339
Keywords: Nationwide, Columbus , Sr. Developer, IT Applications - Automation Test Developer, IT / Software / Systems , Columbus, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!