Company: Dedicated Tech Services, Inc. (DTS)
Posted on: December 9, 2018
Dedicated Tech Services, Inc. (DTS) is an award-winning IT consulting firm based in Columbus, OH. We now have an opening for an Sr Java Developer in Columbus.U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.Applicants only, no corp-to-corp candidates, third parties, or agencies please.Required Skills and Experience:
- Education Level: Bachelor's DegreeCourse of Study/Major: Information Systems or Computer ScienceRelated Work Experience: 3-5+ years experienceTechnical:
- Advanced Java development skills along with object-oriented concepts
- Experience of working in an application server: Preferably WAS
- Experience with Web Services development; REST and SOAP
- Experience with Groovy/Grails, Angular.JS, and ReactJS preferred but not mandatory.
- Knowledge of relational database structures and design
- Understanding of and experience with Agile practices and multiple phases of software development lifecycles/methodologies.Analytical\Business:
- Demonstrated ability to learn and quickly comprehend new concepts.
- Demonstrated strong judgment and decision-making ability.
- Passion and ability in providing excellent customer service.
- Demonstrated strong logical technical troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Excellent skills and considerable experience with analyzing requirements and developing application designs.
- Ability to develop accurate estimates and assist other team members with the estimation process.
- Experience in interfacing with business users.Miscellaneous:
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Exhibit high degree of self-management.
- Availability to participate in an on-call support rotation of a 7x24x365 environment.
- Familiarity with software usability concepts.
- Experience with mobile technologies.
- Experience developing web services.
- Understanding of and experience with all software development lifecycle phases.
- Familiarity with configuration management concepts and tools.Desired Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience in the pharmaceutical industry
- Excellent knowledge in algorithms, time management, and self-efficiencyJob Description:
- Works on an Agile Scrum team designing, developing, testing, debugging, and supporting application development or enhancements to existing Applications in support of a complex business model. Role includes meeting with customers to understand their business processes and needs with the objective of determining solutions to support the business. This will sometimes require filling multiple roles to turn the customer's needs into actual solutions. Ideal candidate takes initiative, owns issues from start to finish, and is a proactive communicator. Daily activities include typical front-end web development task (designing, developing, testing, debugging, supporting), but also strategic solutioning and architecture activities as needed.
- 60%: Design, develop, test, document, deploy, support full-stack development. Software analysis and design activities for legacy and modern applications or enhancements to existing applications to include providing high level estimates based on limited information in support of the project governance process.
- 30%: Develop new software solutions at the direction of Scrum Team Leadership.
- 10%: Interaction/communication with business users regarding requirements, design reviews, prototype presentations, etc. This position may or may not manage employees based on location of incumbent. - provided by Dice Java, Rest, Soap, JDBC, JSP, JEE, Groovy/Grails, ReactJS, AngularJS, WAS, Bachelor Degree
Keywords: Dedicated Tech Services, Inc. (DTS), Columbus , Java Developer, IT / Software / Systems , Columbus, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!