Cloud Operations and Database Administrator
Company: Job Juncture
Posted on: June 15, 2019
***MUST be located in Columbus, OH***
Operations and Database Administrator
Our client is a fast-growing cloud/SaaS software platform that
helps businesses grow. As more companies tap into e-commerce
growth, expand omnichannel and international distribution, and
upgrade old on-premise software applications to new cloud/SaaS
systems, demand for our clients’ cloud-based software platform is
accelerating. They are seeking an Operations and Database
Administrator to help capitalize on growth opportunities by
managing and improving SaaS operations.
The ideal candidate will have a strong attention to detail with
experience in monitoring and making operational changes in a 24x7
production environment (most off hours events are scheduled).
Operations include AWS environments in multiple regions consisting
of Windows Application Servers, Microsoft SQL Servers, SSRS
servers, and Windows File Servers. You will work side-by-side with
the product team, helping to ensure stable, consistent, and
reliable production operations while working on improvements that
expand customer service levels. You will also take on key
responsibilities in managing, optimizing, and improving our Amazon
Web Services deployment to help deliver excellent customer support,
continuous improvements, and fast feature updates.
If you excel in database administration, have a strong attention to
detail, and are interested in growing your cloud / SaaS skills and
experiences, this is the opportunity to leverage your skills,
expand your horizons, do more, learn more, and have a bigger
- Cloud Administration: Maintain high service levels for company
Operations. To include Application Servers, Database Servers, Files
Servers, and other AWS objects. Monitor for and respond to issues
using New Relic, CloudWatch, and other monitoring tools.
- Database Administration: Maintain high service levels for
production SQL database operations for cloud-based / SaaS software
solutions, including monitoring, support, remediation.
- Disaster Recovery: Manage, improve, and support complete
disaster recovery plans including technologies such as AWS,
failover clustering, DFS, Active Directory, etc...
- Database Optimization: Regularly analyze database performance,
reviewing indexes, deadlocks, query performance, table/data
structure, and more to make recommendations and perform changes
that improve overall throughput and end-user experience. Creating
and editing Stored Procedures.
- Application Optimization: Work closely with the product team on
full Microsoft appstack review and recommendations to improve
throughput and user experience. Make recommendations on windows /
sql system configuration, database design and structure, and
implement recommendations as part of regular upgrades to the SaaS
- User Experience: Leverage tools in the Microsoft technology
stack as well as with monitoring services such as New Relic to
monitor end-user and system-level apdex. Develop and improve
procedures for fast response to production issues as well as
proactive avoidance of issues before they happen.
- AWS Systems: Take a leading role in Amazon Web Services
operations, including resource management, configuration and
tuning, server upgrades/reconfiguration/patches, and overall
complete lifecycle management of operations across multiple
Skills and Tools:
- Microsoft SQL Server: Manage multiple SQL Server instances
operating in the Amazon Web Services environment with hundreds of
databases as part of a full multi-tenant software
- Microsoft Windows Servers: Solid understanding of Microsoft
Windows application environments, including issues around
configuration, performance tuning, upgrades.
- Queries, Scripts, System Management: Develop, manage, and
extend system utilities to automate many day to day operating tasks
including data scrubbing, system operation reports, error audits,
and key performance indicators.
- Amazon Web Services: Work closely with the product team around
all aspects of Amazon Web Services infrastructures including EC2,
VPC, Cloud Watch, S3, Elastic Load Balancers, Auto Scaling, AMI’s,
and many other techniques and tools required for production
operations. Plus to have AWS experience but open to someone
wanting to learn.
- New Relic: Use, manage, and improve monitoring capabilities
leveraging tools such as New Relic to monitor system health,
measure throughput and performance, proactively warn of issues via
synthetic transactions, and otherwise improve user
- Visual Studio Teams: Work closely with the product team on an
agile build, test, deploy pipeline to create and deploy new
features, use automated regression testing, etc...
Knowledge and Experience:
- Self-starter with the drive and passion to think critically,
measure, execute quickly
- Multi-tasker with the ability to juggle many competing
priorities and projects
- Solid SQL Server DBA experience with desire and aptitude to
learn cloud and other technologies
- Proven technical skills with experience managing production
- Minimum of 5-7 years experience, bachelors degree or equivalent
Keywords: Job Juncture, Columbus , Cloud Operations and Database Administrator, IT / Software / Systems , Columbus, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!