Cook at Nationwide Arena
Company: Delaware North
Posted on: December 5, 2019
Our Exciting Work EnvironmentThe Delaware North Sportservice
operation at Nationwide Arena home to the NHL s Columbus Blue
Jackets -- includes six private party towers, clubs, suites,
concessions and premium dining areas.But it s not just the fans who
benefit from the arena s food experience; Delaware North s
executive chef-led culinary team at Nationwide Arena offers a
lesson in healthy cooking to Blue Jackets prospects during summer
developmental camp.In addition, Delaware North operates retail
services for the team at Nationwide Arena, including the Fox Sports
Ohio Blue Line team store.Our Diner-themed concession stands offer
traditional arena fare such as hot dogs, pretzels, popcorn,
assorted Pepsi products and a wide variety of beers featuring Ohio
Local Breweries such as Land Grant and BrewDog .Our Grille-themed
concession stands add a few twists to the traditional fare with a
variety of hot sandwiches at the Chef's Corner and the always
popular Bacon-On-A-Stick.Why work for us?Exciting Environment
- You will be a part of the Nationwide Arena game day
- Work with your friends Special Refer-A-Friend Bonus
- Meals provided
- Discounted parking or a quick bus ride from anywhere in the
city, including a direct route from OSU
- Rewards & Recognition programWork Schedule
- Flexibility in scheduling -- Low commitment for part-time
- Great for 2nd income, students, and retireesThe
OpportunityPosition Summary Under the direction of supervisor,
prepares and serves hot and/or cold food items, in accordance with
the Company s GuestPath Universal Service Standards and applicable
Operational Standards. Essential Functions:
- Prepares food to specifications before and during unit
- Properly measures and portions all food items. Complies with
all portion sizes, quality standards, department rules, policies
- Cooks all food to proper specifications in a timely
- Utilizes kitchen equipment to prepare food items such as:
knives, slicers, whips, pots, pans, warmers, steamers, grills,
- Ensures proper food temperatures are maintained and food is
- Ensures freshness and quality of all menu items.
- Packages all products to proper specifications
- Performs opening, closing and side work duties as instructed
and according proper guidelines.
- Keeps workstation and equipment clean, organized, sanitized,
and sufficiently stocked.
- Follows and upholds all health codes and sanitation
- Sets up and operates kitchen equipment
- Uses waste control guidelines and records all waste on spoilage
- Performs other duties assigned Non-essential Functions:
- Completes end of day inventory and other opening/closing duties
in accordance with company checklists and procedures Education &
- High school education is desired.
- Minimum of 1 year previous experience in back-of-the-house
foodservice position or enrolled/completed a culinary program
preferred.Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to read and understand recipes and food
- Pleasant and friendly; ability to adhere to GuestPath s
Universal Service Standards
- Ability to communicate with others
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Attentive and detailed oriented.
- Capable of following procedures and taking directions.
- Basic math skills; ability to understand, calculate and follow
recipe measurements and proportions Physical Requirements:
- Manual dexterity sufficient to chop, mix, blend, whip etc. a
variety of foods and liquids.
- Ability to lift and carry large pans from ovens or freezers,
weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to handle or operate dangerous kitchen equipment
- Ability to move rapidly and coordinate multiple orders.
- Standing and walking for entire length of shift
- Frequently required to reach up to 6-7 feet, twist at waist,
bending and squatting
- Pushing and pulling occasionally, to move equipment, mops and
broomsEnvironmental Working Conditions:
- Kitchen environment noise levels may be moderate to highWorks
frequently in a hot and damp environment.
- In contact with sharp knives, slicers, boiling liquids, hot
- Hazards include, but are not limited to, cuts from broken
glass, metal cans, scalds and burns, slipping and tripping.
- Frequently immerses hands in water. Who We AreTake your career
beyond the ordinary to the extraordinary.At Delaware North, you ll
love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds.
Whether it s in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks,
iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there s no telling where
your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great
work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth.
If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen -
share our vision, grow with us.Delaware North is one of the largest
and most admired, privately-held hospitality companies in the
world. Founded and owned by the Jacobs family for nearly 100 years,
it is a global leader in hospitality and food service with
operations in the sports, travel hospitality, restaurants and
catering, parks, resorts, gaming and specialty retail industries.
Delaware North has annual revenue exceeding $3 billion with 60,000
employee associates. To learn more, visit .All applicants will be
subject to a pre-employment background check and may be subject to
a pre-employment drug test depending upon the position and/or
client requirements.Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its
subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard
to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age,
disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any
other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal
opportunity employer. Associated topics: baking, cafeteria,
cocinero de la preparacion, line cook, lunch, maker, meat cutter,
station, steakhouse, stove
Keywords: Delaware North, Columbus , Cook at Nationwide Arena, Other , Columbus, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!