Performs preventive and
corrective maintenance on material handling equipment, including
inspections of mechanical equipment to include but not limited
conveying equipment, pallet conveying equipment and physical
structures. Works independently on
routine tasks, but also works as part of the team on projects
designated by the
Manager or Supervisor. Perform repairs,
preventative maintenance, and changes for Power Industrial truck
batteries. Perform other duties
and listens to operating machines or equipment to diagnose
and determine need for adjustment or repair.
• Reports any problems to the Manager or
• Dismantles machine or equipment to examine
parts for defect or to remove defective part.
• Replaces defective part with new part or
repairs or reproduces parts.
• Assembles and test operates machine to
verify correction of malfunction. Maintains and lubricates
machine tools and
• Disassembles, inspects and performs routine
repairs and rebuilds of defective parts on all equipment
associated with the
• Required to install or recharge batteries
for any battery-powered material handling equipment.
• Required to repair and maintain PIT
(Powered Industrial Trucks) batteries .
• Required to perform Preventative
Maintenance task for Battery Changers and Facility Sweepers
• Adheres to all maintenance safe work
practices and maintains a safe working environment at all
• Removes dust, dirt, grease, and waste
material from machines, and may paint machines or equipment to
• Performs basic electrical tasks associated
with but not limited to replacing motors, fuses, and
• Operates shop tools such as a grinder,
drill press, cutting torch and welding machine to repair or join
• Capable of working under the guidance of
other team members.
• Cleans work area, tools, and equipment.
Performs other routine duties.
• Reports the usage and replacement of
equipment and parts.
• Must possess proficient knowledge and
continuous adherence of OSHA, State and Local
safety standards and the MLO Safety program standards.
• Perform any other function management deems
• Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
school diploma or general education degree (GED); with two years
or industrial maintenance related experience and/or training; or
combination of education and experience
• Strong verbal and written communication
communicate with Shuttle office staff, Fleet Maintenance Adm.,
staff, Big ticket management and carriers and drivers .
subtracts, and multiplies in all units of measure, using whole
numbers, decimals and fractions .
be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
• This position involves regular walking,
standing, sitting, hearing, and talking.
• May occasionally involve stooping,
kneeling, or crouching.
• May involve close vision, color vision,
depth perception, focus adjustment.
• May involve moving or lifting items up to 25
• Works harmoniously and effectively with
others as part of a team.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based
on department and company needs.
This job description is not all inclusive.
Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at
Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a
inclusive work environment.