Civil Engineer - Water / Wastewater
Posted on: June 12, 2021
DLZ Corporation is an award-winning architecture and engineering
firm serving public and private entities across the nation. As a
multidisciplinary firm, DLZ provides engineering and architectural
design services, construction management, surveying, right-of-way
acquisition and materials testing. In 2016, DLZ was named Design
Firm of the Year by Engineering News-Record (ENR) Midwest. In
addition, DLZ is consistently ranked as one of ENR's Top 150 U.S.
Design Firms. Our growth is a testament to the quality of our work
and the satisfaction of our clients.Our mission is to build on our
reputation for excellence by becoming the preferred architectural,
engineering, and environmental firm. We focus on meeting and
exceeding our clients' expectations and are known for our
competence, integrity, and contributions to the people and
communities we service and in which we live.
DLZ Corporation currently has a Civil Engineer -
Water/Wastewater opportunity in our Logan, Ohio. We are looking for
a talented individual that is excited to move their career forward
in the Public Works arena, but who also enjoys variety!
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform engineering, construction, and design assignments of a
varied nature, requiring a solid grasp of civil engineering and the
exercise of professional judgment.
- Responsible for projects of moderate complexity and may have
leadership responsibility for less experienced engineers or
- May specialize in a field of civil engineering, assuming a lead
role in a project segment and/or coordinating work of groups
related to assigned segment.
- Perform work with general guidance and supervision or provide
support to more experienced personnel.
- Perform and direct others in the design of structures, systems
and equipment items of moderate complexity.
- Direct engineers and technical support staff in the preparation
of detailed drawings; review and check finished drawings.
- Prepare reports and conduct economic and operating feasibility
studies and other studies aimed at evaluating alternative systems,
equipment, materials or engineering methods.
- Conduct analyses of civil engineering problems and design
deficiencies; recommend action to engineering management.
- Prepare proposals establishing the scope of work, man-hour
requirements and schedules. Prepare contract specifications and
construction cost estimates.
- Review Contractor's shop drawing submittals.
- Assist in the preparation of client progress reports, as
- Coordinate field activities and perform construction
- Perform all work in a safe and responsible manner, in
accordance with the Health and Safety Plan.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering
- 0 - 7 years related engineering experience
- Engineer-in-Training (EIT) required, Professional Engineering
(PE) Registration preferred
- Experience with AutoCAD and Civil 3D or similar design software
- Understanding of engineering design and construction practices
for public works (Water, Sanitary, Storm).
- Experience with design, construction and survey practices
- Ability to visit and safely traverse construction and project
sites and complying with all applicable safety codes and
At DLZ we offer an excellent benefit package including health,
dental, vision and life insurance, medical and dependent care
flexible spending accounts, health savings account, and 401(k) with
an Employee Stock Ownership Program. We also offer an innovative
wellness program including gym reimbursement!
DLZ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. DLZ
fully supports and maintains compliance with all state, federal,
and local regulations. All qualified applications will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, age, disability, marital status, protected veteran status,
genetic information, or any other category protected by federal,
state, and local laws. #LI-DM1
Keywords: DLZ, Columbus , Civil Engineer - Water / Wastewater, Other , Logan, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!