Company: Giant Eagle, Inc.
Posted on: June 12, 2021
- Experience Required: 0 to 6 months
- Education Required: High school degree or equivalent and
current enrollment in an ACPE-accredited pharmacy degree
- Certification or Licensing Required: Pharmacy; Active in-state
Pharmacy Intern License
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 25 pounds
- Maintain proper inventory levels by submitting on line order,
adding and adjusting order points, order quantities and on-hand
counts in the computer and assisting manager in preparation of
- Maintain a neat and clean work environment to ensure Company
and government requirements are met.
- File written prescriptions daily.
- Assist Team Members with tasks to ensure department runs
- Review all appropriate service and business metrics and assist
team on action plans to improve outcome.
- Perform all regular duties of Pharmacy Technician.
- Welcome and acknowledge patients at all pharmacy entry points
immediately and with compassion and a smile.
- Model excellent patient care by respecting, engaging and
enthusiastically meeting or exceeding all patient needs including
processing orders in person and by phone, directing patients to
products and merchandise and referring appropriate questions
concerning prescriptions and over the counter medicine to the
- Finalize sales using cash register according to established
procedures including the point of sale policies.
- Perform all supporting duties to contribute to the safe and
efficient dispensing of all patient medication and durable medical
equipment by following all quality assurance policy and procedures
including the selection and counting of medication.
- Comply with all Giant Eagle and Pharmacy policies including
HIPAA and pseudoephedrine regulations.
- Enter patient personal data and insurance information.
- Enter all prescription information including calculations, free
form directions, medication and durable medical equipment
- Ensure proper documentation for transmitting information to
insurance companies, reviewing profiles for appropriate billing
- Alert pharmacists appropriately for drug utilization reviews,
calling and resolving third party rejections and rebilling claims,
entering and processing refills and adding patients to Refills on
- Process medical expense reports.
- Assist in the execution of all company initiatives and
Keywords: Giant Eagle, Inc., Columbus , Pharmacy Intern, Other , Columbus, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!