Freelance Analyst, Desktop Services
Posted on: July 22, 2021
Spectrum Networks is looking for passionate, talented and driven
individuals with an eagerness to join the best and most dedicated
in gathering, producing and delivering stories that make a
difference within a 24-hour breaking news environment. Our
commitment is to engage viewers with relevant and timely news that
is important to the local communities we serve.
What is Spectrum Networks: Spectrum Networks is
the news and sports division of Charter Communications, Inc.
(NASDAQ: CHTR), the leading broadband communications company and
the second-largest cable operator in the United States.
The Spectrum News Environment: Spectrum News is a 24-hour
news network that requires employees to be flexible and available
to work various shifts throughout the day, including early
mornings, late evenings, weekends and holidays. The network is
currently focused on the morning news, which means your day will
start in the middle of the night, but it also means your workday
will end around noon (most days).
Spectrum Networks employees are passionate and
driven, and can thrive in a competitive, fast-paced and fiercely
accurate 24-hour breaking news environment. They are creative
and/or highly technical with a desire to leverage their knowledge,
skills and abilities to share news stories that enhance daily
living within our local communities. They are nimble and learn
quickly, enabling themselves to pivot when new information is
acquired within an ever-changing newsroom. They are team players
with positive attitudes and strong interpersonal skills. They have
the ability to multi-task, meet tight deadlines and remain calm
What we're looking for:
The Analyst 1, Desktop Services, role is to support our end users
with in-house computer systems, desktops, laptops, applications,
and peripherals. This includes working directly with end users,
gathering information, troubleshooting, seeking outside help if
needed, installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and
upgrading all hardware, applications, and equipment while ensuring
optimal end user experience. The Analyst 1 will also troubleshoot
problem areas in a timely and accurate fashion. Provide end user
training and assistance via in-person, phone calls, web meetings,
and remote assistance where required and document issues and
resolutions via the ticketing system.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive, prioritize, respond to, document, and actively resolve
end user PC, Mac, hardware, and application requests.
- Test fixes to ensure problem has been adequately resolved.
- Perform post-resolution follow-ups to help requests.
- Accurately document instances of hardware or software failure
- Work on projects with team members and meet deadlines and
- Actively continue learning new applications, skills, and
Operations (Tactical Responsibilities)
- Work with end users to identify and deliver required
- Liaise with, and provide support to, end users on computer
operation and other issues.
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot
end user workstation hardware, networked peripheral devices, and
networking hardware products.
- Perform on-site analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex
computer/application problems for a variety of end users, and
recommend and implement corrective hardware/software solutions as
- Maintain an inventory of all computers, monitors, printers,
print toner, and other peripheral equipment.
- Monitor and test PC performance and provide PC performance
statistics and reports.
- Construct, install, and test customized configurations based on
various platforms and operating systems.
- Work with KACE, the Systems Management Appliance, to document
and work tickets, run reports, troubleshoot issues, and patch
- If necessary, liaise with third-party support for hardware
equipment and software vendors.
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Demonstrable basic technical knowledge of network and computer
- Hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Ability to operate tools, components, and peripheral
- Ability to read and understand technical manuals, procedural
- Ability to conduct research into PC/Mac issues and products as
- Ability to work under pressure and meet given deadlines.
- Ability to adapt to changing
- Abilty to work alone, as a team, and with vendors for given
- Must be teachable and know when to say "I don't know" and get
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Spectrum Networks is a 24/7 operation. Weekend and evening
availability a must. There is a rotating schedule.
Strengths/Abilities and Knowledge
- Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing
issues as required.
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly.
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to handle multiple concurrent tasks.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative
- Demonstrable excellent written and oral communication
- Must be willing and able to learn, understand, and grow with
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- A strong interest in learning, growing, furthering
- Outgoing personality and great attitude.
Education & Experience:
- Working towards (Senior preferred) or recently obtained
Bachelor's Degree in the field of Information Technology or
similar; or 2 years relevant work experience.
- Relevant technical certifications given special
- 0-2 years equivalent work experience. We are very willing to
train the right person for the job.
Keywords: Spectrum, Columbus , Freelance Analyst, Desktop Services, Other , Columbus, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!