Home Health Licensed Practical
Posted on: October 14, 2021
Caregiving is our Calling
At Amedisys whether we're caring for patients directly or
supporting those who do, each of us is a caregiver at heart. Every
team member contributes to our mission of providing exceptional,
clinically distinct care in the home to thousands of patients and
families every day.
In home health, you'll be a true advocate engaging patients
throughout their coordinated health care journey all while
maintaining autonomy and independence to support their needs.
If you're looking for a home with a Nationwide Company where you
can put your skills and experience to work, make a difference every
day and pursue your goals for the future, join our team.
What You Will Do
Works under the supervision of a Registered Nurse and performs
skilled nursing services as delegated by the Registered Nurse
according to physician's orders. The LPN/LVN Intern is expected to
complete core training and skilled competencies within the first 90
days in role.
- Provides skilled nursing care to patients as directed by the
registered nurse in accordance with the Plan of Care and agency
- Assists patients in learning appropriate self-care
- Helps to achieve and maintain continuity of patient care by
assisting in planning and exchanging information with appropriate
- Prepares clinical progress documents and follows patient care
plans as developed under supervision of the registered nurse and
according to agency policy.
- Assists the physician and registered nurse in performing
specialized procedures for which competency has been
- Prepares equipment and materials for treatments observing
aseptic technique as required.
- Keeps abreast of nursing trends and knowledge.
- Participates in Patient Care Conferences.
- Communicates current health status and needs of patients to the
registered nurse and other appropriate staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Current and unencumbered license to practice as a
practical/vocational nurse specific to that state the employee is
assigned to work by the company.
- Nurse Licensure Compact (NLC) documents the following: The
mutual recognition model of nurse licensure allows a nurse to have
one license (in his or her state of residency) and to practice in
other states (both physical and electronic), subject to each
state's practice law and regulation. Nurses must legally reside in
a NLC state to be eligible to have a multi-state license.
- Current CPR certification.
- Must be familiar with general use and functions of the
computer, such as, user names and password concepts; internet;
e-mail; navigation of computer desktop, including starting
programs, using files, and windows, effectively use navigation
buttons and tool bars; ability to self-manage online HR services
and online training programs.
Amedisys is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified employees
and applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital
status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military
status, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition or carrier
status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Benefits and More
Amedisys cares for our team members with the same commitment we
have to our patients. This is reflected in the benefits we provide
and the opportunities we make available to our team. Benefits for
eligible employees include:
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Comprehensive Health Insurance Benefits (medical, dental,
- Health Savings Account, Health Reimbursement Account, and
Flexible Spending Account options
- Life, Disability, and Other Voluntary Benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with Company Matching
- Discounted Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Continuing Education
- Fleet car for eligible employees
Keywords: Amedisys, Columbus , Home Health Licensed Practical, Other , Ripley, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!