Financial Reporting Acct
Company: American Electric Power
Posted on: October 15, 2021
Responsible for the preparation of timely and accurate financial
statements and other reports on a quarterly and annual basis for
various AEP legal entities, including SEC registrants. Also
responsible for the preparation of various internal management
reports and other supporting tasks, such as the creation of journal
entries, participating in monthly closing process, or participating
in monthly consolidation process.
1) Assist in the preparation of SEC and other financial reports,
including Forms 10-K, 10-Q, Form 1, and 3Q.
2) Assist in the preparation of journal entries to support
consolidation process and financial statement preparation
3) Assist in ensuring the accuracy and integrity of financial data
for internal and external customers.
4) Perform analytical review of financial data.
5) Comprehend complex accounting theory.
6) Interpret and apply accounting regulations and
7) Keep abreast and stay informed of the latest rules, regulations,
and reporting requirements of the SEC, FASB and Federal Energy
Regulatory Commission (FERC).
8) Assist in the Edgar and XBRL processes required for SEC
9) Maintain compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley control processes.
10) Assist in cultivating positive business relationships between
financial reporting and AEP business partners.
Bachelor's degree in accounting/finance, or business with a
concentration in accounting.
Two to four years of accounting/reporting experience.
Prefer working towards CPA certification.
1) Competency in written and oral communication.
2) Proficient in Microsoft applications.
3) Experience with business reporting tools preferred.
4) Detail-oriented with an ability to employ a logical approach to
accomplish objectives and solve issues.
5) Ability to promote a positive culture within a team
Keywords: American Electric Power, Columbus , Financial Reporting Acct, Other , Columbus, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!