Financial Reporting Acct Sr
Company: American Electric Power
Posted on: October 15, 2021
Reporting Accountant, Sr.
Responsible for the preparation of timely and accurate financial
statements and other reports on a quarterly and annual basis for
various AEP legal entities, including SEC registrants. Also
responsible for the preparation of various internal management
reports and other supporting tasks, such as the creation of journal
entries, participating in monthly closing process, or participating
in monthly consolidation process. Responsible for providing
leadership on projects related to accounting and reporting
1) Assist in the preparation of SEC and other financial reports,
including Forms 10-K, 10-Q, Form 1, and 3Q.
2) Prepare journal entries to support consolidation process and
financial statement preparation process.
3) Assist in ensuring the accuracy and integrity of financial data
for internal and external customers.
4) Perform analytical review of financial data.
5) Prepare journal entries to support consolidation process and
financial statement process.
6) Interpret complex accounting theory.
7) Interpret and apply accounting regulations and
8) Keep abreast and stay informed of the latest rules, regulations,
and reporting requirements of the SEC, FASB, and Federal Energy
Regulatory Commission (FERC).
9) Assist in the Edgar and XBRL processes required for SEC
10) Maintain compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley control processes.
11) Perform project management activities.
12) Assist in cultivating positive business relationships between
financial reporting and AEP business partners.
Bachelor's degree in accounting/finance, or business with a
concentration in accounting.
Three to five years' experience in accounting or financial
Prefer CPA or CFA or working towards such certification.
1) MBA preferred.
2) Competency in written and oral communication.
3) Proficient in Microsoft applications.
4) Experience with business reporting tools preferred.
5) Detail-oriented with an ability to employ a logical approach to
accomplish objectives and solve issues.
6) Ability to lead others.
7) Ability to promote a positive culture within a team setting.
8) Continuous improvement mindset.
Keywords: American Electric Power, Columbus , Financial Reporting Acct Sr, Other , Columbus, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!