ICQA Hourly Supervisor, FT, Weekends (Fri-Sun)
Posted on: November 23, 2021
Macy's is proudly America's Department Store. There's a reason
we've been around for 160 years. Customers come to us for fashion,
value and celebration. Macy's is also known for giving back to our
Now is an exciting time to join Macy's. The face of retail is
changing, and change requires innovation. With endless
opportunities, you can begin anywhere and go everywhere at Macy's.
Join a team of colleagues who are committed to excellence and
leadership development. We want talent like you.
This position will be responsible for demonstrating action,
urgency, and excellence in safety, quality, production flow, and
the execution of service level agreements (SLAs) with both internal
and external customers and suppliers. Perform other duties as
- Safety and Accident Prevention: Sets the tone through awareness
and education of associates that everyone is responsible and
accountable for center-wide safety and health. Ensures safe
workplace behaviors are taught, emphasized, and used at all times.
Assists in establishing team pride in maintaining orderliness and
- Merchandise Distribution: Provides hands-on direction to
associates for the operation of the DC so that they contribute to
the overall successful movement of merchandise within established
levels of service, accuracy, and productivity standards.
- Training and Development: Works closely with the training group
to ensure associates are trained/cross-trained and certified in all
operational areas. Recognizes training deficiencies and works with
manager to retrain/address issues. Assists in the development of
all associates and works to stimulate growth of highly performing
- Daily Operations: Provides guidance to daily operations
activities to ensure a high degree of coordination and cooperation
between different areas, maintenance of clean and organized work
place, and the personal safety of all associates.
- Planning: Working with the ICQA/ ARO Manager, sets appropriate
priorities for self and work teams to maximize speed and results;
plans proactively to avoid crisis; handles unavoidable crisis
- Communications: Practices open and continuous communication;
values keeping others well informed; presents written and verbal
ideas in easily understood ways; will be asked to conduct daily
team meetings. Recognizes and celebrates individual and team
performance with positive reinforcement.
- Process Improvement: Ensures associates are working toward
continuous improvement goals and objectives. Enlists associates to
offer suggestions for process/culture improvement and champions
- Floor Time: Substantial focus and time will be allocated to all
floor time activities on a daily basis. This will lead to build
associate affiliation and effective channels of communication on
operational and Employee Relations issues.
- Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
- High School Diploma required, some college preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret instructional documents such as
safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and
- Resourceful self-starter, works well independently as well as
part of a team
- Must be proficient in the use of computers and handheld
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including day, evening,
weekends, and/or holidays
- Position requires prolonged periods of standing/walking around
store or department
- May involve reaching, crouching, kneeling, stooping, climbing
ladders, depth perception and color vision
- Frequent use of computers and other technology necessary to
perform job duties, including handheld electronic
- Frequently lift/move up to 50lbs
Supply Chain Only and Colleagues Working in a Supply Chain Facility
except in locations governed by a Collective Bargaining
Random drug testing for all colleagues will be conducted on a
monthly or semi-monthly basis, depending upon factors including but
not limited to the size of the facility and the number of
colleagues on roll. Colleagues will be randomly selected for
testing by a third party. Testing must be completed on the same
workday the colleague is informed of selection for testing, absent
extenuating circumstances. In all circumstances, testing must be
completed within 24 hours of notification.
Candidates in Colorado: Click here for and here to .
Candidates in Connecticut: Click here for
Candidates in Nevada: Click here for
Keywords: Macy's, Columbus , ICQA Hourly Supervisor, FT, Weekends (Fri-Sun), Other , Columbus, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!