Post Mortgage Closing Specialist
Posted on: January 16, 2022
At HSBC, the health and well-being of our employees remains of
utmost importance. Many of our roles are permitted to work from
home (in states in which HSBC is licensed to operate) until further
notice. Upon resumption of normal operations, this role may be
performed at our Depew, New York office.
- Deliver excellent customer service to a wide range of HSBC RBWM
local and international customers (whille ensuring the cost
effectiveness of the operation).
- Handle all functions and regulations related to post closing.
- Deliver upon quantitative and qualitative key performance
indicators, in line with our business strategies and regulatory
- Continually review and understand work practices and policies to
ensure ongoing audit and risk standards are met.
- Ensure fair outcomes for customers are delivered in all
IMPACT ON THE BUSINESS
- Support closing disclosure reconciliation for TRID fee tolerance
violations and clerical corrections. Knowledge of Loan Estimate and
Closing Disclosure for fees comparison. Execute amended CD's and
issue refund checks, if applicable.
- Ensure trailing documents and co-issuer requirements are
- Complete review of Final Trailing documents and request
corrections if required.
- Achieve published standards and other key performance indicators
(attendance, revenue, retention, service levels, operational risk,
- Meet all performance targets including standards in quality and
- Abide by first call resolution in alignment with global standards
to promote customer satisfaction.
CUSTOMERS / STAKEHOLDERS
- Mortgage Retail Sales
- Mortgage Direct
- Mortgage Business Development and Customer Acquisition
- Credit risk - RBWM
- BRCM and Compliance functions supporting RBWM
- Underwriting Quality Control - RBWM
- Private Bank Mortgage team - sales and credit
- Key vendors supporting Mortgage Loan Originations at HSBC
- Third Party Management function in HSBC
- Head of Mortgage and Mortgage Leadership Team
LEADERSHIP & TEAMWORK
- Plan and prioritize work appropriately considering importance,
urgency, customer and business impact.
- Deliver excellent customer service .
- Champion and embrace change and innovation
- Demonstrate ownership and common sense with all that you do,
sharing best practice.)
- Communicate the HSBC vision, values and goals to others clearly
OPERATIONAL EFFECTIVENESS & CONTROL
- Maintain highest standards of risk management, control and
- Reduce overall operating losses and credit risk within management
- Maintain KYC standards.
- Implement and apply the processes, infrastructure and resources
needed to deliver agreed team plans and targets, identifying and
implementing improvements and collaborating with colleagues to
maximize integration, effectiveness and efficiency.
- Communicate and embed HSBC policy and procedures in order to
ensure good operational, financial and project management, policy
and procedural compliance and early identification and effective
resolution or escalation of issues that arise.
- Provide timely, accurate, quality information to stakeholders to
meet business and regulatory requirements.
- Deliver desired outcomes - positive customer experience, reduced
cost per loan, increased through-put, regulatory compliance
- Ensure compliance in a complex environment with demanding
internal standards, multiple internal control functions and
multiple government regulators.
- Completing multiple tasks under aggressive time constraints while
making accurate decisions with a sense of urgency
- Working with a wide range of direct and functional areas
- Close collaboration with mortgage management team, RBWM Credit
risk, Legal and Compliance to constantly execute operations and
meet our customer needs.
MANAGEMENT OF RISK
- Ensure compliance, operational risk controls in accordance with
HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations
with regulators by addressing any issues.
- Physical Demands/Work Environment: Very good working conditions.
Little or no physical demands. Minimal handling of light
materials.The physical demands/work environment described above are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential duties of the job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform essential duties.
OBSERVATION OF INTERNAL CONTROLS
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely
implementation of internal and external audit points together with
any issues raised by external regulators.
Employment eligibility to work with HSBC in the U.S. is required as
the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these
This position requires an individual with:
- Post Closing or Closing experience as well as knowledge of
Mortgage systems (both LOS and Image)
- Minimum of 2 years proven bank, mortgage business, mortgage
systems related experience or equivalent.
- Minimum of bachelor's degree in business, accounting, related
field or equivalent experience.
- Proven communications, organizational, administrative,
problem-solving, project management and interpersonal skills.
- Very strong analytical skills.
- Proficiency with personal computers as well as pertinent HSBC
systems and software.
- Ability to meet regulatory deadlines and objectives independently
and within the team.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a
Keywords: HSBC, Columbus , Post Mortgage Closing Specialist, Other , Parkersburg, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!