Posted on: May 16, 2022
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your
role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around
the world. You'll feel a sense of purpose throughout the
organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of
Baxter's products and therapies are found in almost every hospital
worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have
pioneered significant medical innovations that transform
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and
inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives- where
your purpose accelerates our mission.
Position: Subassembly Operator
Shift: 5th (7am-7pm)
The Subassembly Operator is an Hourly Non-Exempt position which
contributes to our mission of saving and sustaining lives by
supplying and operating machines that produce components used in
the manufacturing of flexible containers which hold IV therapies,
premixed drugs, renal therapies and other sterile solutions, in
addition to inspecting and performing quality checks on the
finished components. The components manufactured are frangibles,
injection sites, membranes and enhanced closures.
Essential Job Duties
* Operate, monitor and make minor adjustments as necessary to
* Load and replenish production supplies (i.e. tubing, membrane
tape) at a rate consistent with production needs
* Perform scheduled quality checks, disposition product, identify
any deviations that may occur and take the appropriate action to
include stopping production on the machine if necessary
* Inspect a sample of the finished components and ensure that the
quality standards have been met
* Package the finished components and stage them for transfer to
Kiefel or Filling
* Test, inspect and package Inter-Plant Shipping Orders (IPSO)
* Document required information on manufacturing logs and/or POMS
* Investigate, identify and correct or escalate any inefficiency in
the machine's performance
* Multitask and keep pace with several machines at once
* Execute a machine changeover when assigned
* Perform and document scheduled cleaning activities
* Notify the supervisor and take appropriate action if any safety,
quality, mechanical or discrepancy issues occur
* Learn, understand and apply rigorous quality standards, Standard
Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Good Manufacturing Practices
* Sustain a clean and safe work area using 6S principles including
maintaining and securing provided tools.
* In a Class II Controlled Environment which includes the following
dress/gowning requirements: safety glasses or goggles, ear plugs,
hairnet, beard cover, gown, shoe covers and gloves (additional PPE
required when cleaning).
* Constant or intermittent exposure to elevated levels of noise
* Involves working around equipment and powerful machinery
* Requires occasionally working with chemical cleaners and
* High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
* Must be at least 18 years of age
* Must have basic English written and oral communication skills
adequate to communicate with other team members.
* Understand verbal and written safety and quality instructions and
read and comprehend written work instructions including words and
* Must be able to perform basic mathematics
* Proficient in how to use a calculator and measurement tools as
well as basic hand tools.
* Must have basic computer skills
* One year of manufacturing experience.
* CRC (Career Readiness Certification) at the Silver Level.
* Requires the ability to stand/walk continuously throughout the
* Requires the ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
* Normal visual acuity is necessary
* Must be able to climb on a ladder, reach about shoulder level,
reach at or below shoulder level, twist and end at the neck, twist
and bend at the waist, squat and balance.
Other Duties Assigned
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice. Overtime is worked as required.
The successful candidate for this job may be required to verify
that he or she has been vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to
reasonable accommodations for individuals with medical conditions
or religious beliefs that prevent vaccination, and in accordance
with applicable law.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified
applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender,
national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or
any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable
accommodations to individuals with disabilities globally. If,
because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable
accommodation for any part of the application or interview process,
please click on the link here and let us know the nature of your
request along with your contact information.
Recruitment Fraud Notice
Baxter has discovered incidents of employment scams, where
fraudulent parties pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other
agents, and engage with online job seekers in an attempt to steal
personal and/or financial information. To learn how you can protect
yourself, review our Recruitment Fraud Notice.
Keywords: Baxter, Columbus , Operator, Subassembly, Other , Marion, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!