Food Service Clerk - Part-time
Company: Fresh Thyme Farmers Market
Posted on: May 16, 2022
If you're someone who has a genuine desire to help people live
better and healthier lives, join us as we work to be a trusted
resource in our communities, offering real people, real food at
real affordable prices across the Midwest. If you are ready to
immerse yourself in an environment, that helps shoppers naturally,
intuitively, and enjoyably find real, honest, affordable goodness
to meet them wherever they are on their wellness journey, we'd like
to hear from you. Join us to begin YOUR journey and be a part of
the Fresh Thyme Market Team!
Fresh Thyme Rewards
* Weekly pay
* Scheduling flexibility
* Paid parental leave
* Care.com/back-up care assistance
* Team member discount
* Career growth opportunities
Are you passionate about the retail grocery market and organic
products? Are you a leader? Are you ready to join one of the
fastest growing companies in the retail grocery market? If so,
Fresh Thyme Farmers Market is the place for you! Our unique
business model, fast paced and growing environment, promote from
within culture, and excellent benefits make Fresh Thyme the best
employer in the grocery market. Careers have been blooming at Fresh
Thyme since our inception in 2012 - yours should be no
The Food Service Clerk is responsible for keeping all food service
cases stocked and clean during business hours. They are required to
assist customers as needed and maintain a friendly, energetic
demeanor. This position requires adhering to all procedural
guidelines set by the Food Service Department.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* Ensures cleanliness of food service cases, storage area, and work
area for safety; includes cleaning of shelves and products, keeping
floors free of liquid spills or water, removing hazardous debris
from floor and sweeping.
* Stocks food service cases; includes presentation of product,
facing, filling, and organization of all product items as set by
the Food Service Department schematics as well as ensuring tag and
* Examines the rotation of all food service products paying
particular attention to expired stock and discarding outdated or
* Responds positively to customer's inquiries and assists customers
with purchases, information and product selection; requires selling
and cross selling of products.
* Receives, inspects, and logs products for accuracy of shipment,
temperature, and quality.
* Monitors the point of purchase signs; ensures a variety of recipe
cards, product coupons, promotional material, and information on
* Requires operating and using equipment such as knives, scales,
wrappers, compactors, garbage disposals, pallet jacks, and hand
* Prepares various food service items; includes using the
appropriate ingredients and proper cooking times for product being
* Uses knowledge of scales and weight measures to accurately weigh
and label products.
* Participates in pre-inventory preparation; includes back stock
and assuring tags match products.
* Sustains a high level of product knowledge and product
* Walks department regularly to ensure an organized, sanitary, and
overall clean appearance at all times.
* Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
* High school diploma or equivalency degree.
* Preferred 1 -2 years grocery retail experience in Food Service
department processes and procedures.
* Previous experience in a natural foods industry is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
* Must maintain the highest level of customer service at all
* Ability to adapt to the ever changing high volume retail while
working in a cross-functional team environment.
* Must have the capacity to take initiative when problems
* Flexibility to adapt in a variety of situations.
* Must have advanced attention to detail with the capability to
prioritize and meet deadlines.
* Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills for
dealing cross functionally with peers and senior management.
* Ability to multitask and have excellent organizational skills is
* Must be able to lead, support, and contribute to team goals.
* Ability to work varied hours/days as business dictates.
* Must be familiar with Health Department guidelines and
regulations as they pertain to a grocery retail environment.
* Must have basic knowledge of math, weights, and measures.
* Must have skills working with all food service equipment such as
knives, slicers, scales, and ovens.
* Capability to cut and weigh various amounts of meats, salads, and
Job Function Analysis
* Sit Rarely 1-2 hours
* Stand Continuously 1-8 hours
* Walk Continuously 2-8 hours
* Drive Frequently 2-4 hours
* Balance Frequently 34-66%
* Bend Occasionally 1-33%
* Climb (2-6 ft) Occasionally 1-33%
* Crawl Occasionally 1-33%
* Crouch/Squat Occasionally 1-33%
* Kneel Occasionally 1-33%
* Reach (forward & overhead) Frequently 34-66%
* Twist (45 degrees at waist) Occasionally 1-33%
* 0-10 lbs. Occasionally 1-33%
* 11-25 lbs. Occasionally 1-33%
* 26-50 lbs. Occasionally 1-33%
* 51-100 lbs. Never 0%
Right & Left Grasping Frequently 34-66%
Fine Manipulation Occasionally 1-33%
Pushing and Pulling Occasionally 1-33%
Lower extremities Never 0%
Some extreme temperatures are possible. Some ventilation and
Keywords: Fresh Thyme Farmers Market, Columbus , Food Service Clerk - Part-time, Other , Dublin, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!