Company: Sarepta Therapeutics
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Sarepta Therapeutics is seeking a motivated individual with
histology and histology related assays. The qualified candidate
will provide laboratory support of day-to-day GCLP/GLP testing on
muscle/nerve and other tissue types using complex histology methods
in accordance with the requirements of approved protocols;
maintains records of experiments; assists in analyzing data and
prepares laboratory reports. This person may participate in
development, GCLP/GLP qualification, and validation of histology
related assays to support clinical trials and clinical development
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Performs routine and complex laboratory procedures in histology
using frozen section and FFPE techniques.
- Assist in the execution of GCLP/GLP clinical and non-clinical
study sample processing, staining and analysis using a variety of
assay formats such as Histochemical special stains,
Immunofluorescence and Immunohistochemistry.
- Collects and analyzes morphometric data in accordance with
appropriate statistical procedures, inclusive of graphs, tables,
and photographs of the results for image analysis.
- Assist in sample processing for immunoblotting, and molecular
- Processes tissue, blood, urine, and other samples as
- Prepare and maintain reagents and chemical inventory.
- General laboratory maintenance of general and specialized
laboratory instrumentation including various types of microscopes
and slide scanners.
- Assists in training new employees on technical procedures as
assigned in standard methods, practices, procedures, and equipment
- Additional duties include completing general lab tasks,
preventive maintenance and quality control. Maintaining a clean
working area and adheres to proper safety techniques and
procedures. Performs miscellaneous related duties as required.
- Ensure compliance with GCP/GLP guidelines
- Registered HT (ASCP) or Associate's degree in a chemical,
physical or biological science or medical laboratory technology
from an accredited institution including clinical laboratory
training in an approved MLT program with eligibility to sit for the
- Ability to execute sample handling and analysis with strict
adherence to laboratory methods and SOPs.
- Knowledge of histology techniques (both general and
specialized), cryostat-microtomy, microscopy and slide scanners.
Experience with muscle and nerve tissue samples preferred.
- Necropsy skill is highly desired.
- Demonstrates the ability to communicate clearly across multiple
parties, problem solve complex issues, and plan and develop new
procedures or policies with initiative to complete all
- Desire to work in a high-functioning, collaborative team.
- Experience with computer productivity software (i.e. Word,
- Image analysis skill is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Desire to work in a dynamic, fast-paced team environment and to
make a difference in the lives of people through our innovative
- Recognized by former peers, colleagues, managers and direct
reports for attributes congruent with Sarepta Values: Patients
First, Action, Unconventional Thinking, Talent, and Integrity.
Keywords: Sarepta Therapeutics, Columbus , Histologist, Other , Columbus, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!