Therapy Program Coordinator
Company: Encore Rehabilitation Services, LLC
Posted on: August 7, 2022
- NEW Therapy Program Coordinator
- 32 hours/week - eligible for benefits!
- Great Opportunity for PTA - RPT or SLP
- Join the Encore Team and love where you work!!
POSITION SUMMARYThe Therapy Program Coordinator provides
administrative support to clinicians, therapy assistants, and other
support staff in smaller sites of service with a maximum revenue
of$20,000. The Therapy Program Coordinator under direction of the
RVP is accountable for the daily administrative operations and
coordination of the Therapy Department including, but not limited
to, maintaining accurate recordkeeping, calculating productivity
and efficiency standards, promoting customer service, and complying
with State regulations and Company policies and procedures. The
Therapy Program Coordinator typically treats a caseload more than
half of their workday and coordinate at Encore's small sites of
service.ResponsibilitiesESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Checks regularly with Nursing and Admissions Departments to
determine status of newly admitted and to-be-admitted patients with
respect to medical condition, history and rehabilitation service
needs (in conjunction with licensed clinical oversight). Routinely
reviews patient medical records for physician rehabilitation
orders. Informs rehabilitation staff of patient status.
- With clinical oversight, coordinates with therapists to ensure
screening of patients, determine rehabilitation needs and contact
physicians for appropriate orders within 24 hours of screen.
Coordinates all patients screening practices in accordance with
clinical policy and procedure.
- Coordinates, monitors and manages patient and rehabilitation
team schedules to meet patient treatment plan goals for
effectiveness and efficiency.
- Implements patient and staff schedules and various control
strategies so that all patients' treatment plan goals are
- Responsible for the department's computerized tracking and
billing systems and for implementing changes that may be
- With clinical and RVP oversight coordinates facility-based
staffing assignments and ensures adequate coverage of therapists to
meet patient caseloads.
- Tracks MDS Assessment Period Data to include disciplines
(number of disciplines treating), treatment days/week and daily
treatment time. Communicates data to MDS Coordinator.
- Assists RVP to Ensure all rehabilitation staff, including
aides, are supervised according to state practice acts, federal
regulations and discipline-specific association bylaws.
- With clinical oversight coordinates economical indirect time
management strategies such that requirements for patient care
planning and other facility-based meetings are efficiently
- Services a caseload, treating patients most of the working day,
and in accordance with established standards.
- In consultation with the Regional Vice President and with
licensed clinical oversight, as may be required, provides overall
general department coordination to include rehabilitation care
compliance, clinical and billing documentation compliance, quality
assurance, equipment and supplies management and staffing
management and replacement.
- Coordinates rehabilitation department meetings as needed to
include patient review, schedule and coverage issues, and
department issue resolution.
- Assist with recruitment and retention of facility-based
rehabilitation staff in consult with the Regional Vice President
and other designated staff regarding personnel assessments and
- Coordinates with RVP to Orientate new staff to company and
facility policies and procedures.
- Implements directives/policies and procedures as developed for
Encore Rehabilitation Services and monitors staff
- Generates special reports/data as needed to assist Regional
Vice President in assessing the efficiency of operations.
- Communicates and interacts with facility personnel to ensure
continued satisfaction with delivery of care.
- Assists in the resolution of staff, service, and
patient-related issues in consult with Regional Vice President and
licensed clinical supervisor.
- Assists Regional Vice President, with all facility-based
rehabilitation staff regarding staff development, performance
management, and safety and wellness.
- Maintains appropriate relationships and rapport with coworkers,
residents, family members and facility personnel.
- Attends in-service and facility meetings as required.
- Assists RVP, with in-service education to the members of the
resident's care team and education to the community within the
context of proper scope of practice. Consults with licensed
supervisor with any scope of practice questions.
- Complies with all infection control, Universal Precautions and
OSHA standards for the healthcare professional.
- Reports to work on time and coordinates schedule to achieve
maximum productivity and efficiency during assigned shift.
- Assists with and participates in quality assurance programs as
- Adheres to established confidentiality standards per
Administrative Authorization access as defined in the HIPAA policy
and procedure manual.
- Projects a positive and professional image at all
- Other Job duties as assigned.
QualificationsRECOMMENDED MINIMUM POSITION QUALIFICATIONS
- Current state licensure/certification as a Physical Therapist,
Physical Therapy Assistant, Occupational Therapist, Certified
Occupational Therapy Assistant, or Speech Pathologist.
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience in a long-term care
- Experience in long-term care, including supervisory experience
- Possess strong interest or knowledge in PPS, financial and
statistical analysis, and prospective payment.
- Regular attendance.
Keywords: Encore Rehabilitation Services, LLC, Columbus , Therapy Program Coordinator, Other , Frankfort, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!