Company: Advanced Drainage Systems
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Overview At ADS, no idea is off limits, and we celebrate
creativity and bold moves. For more than 50 years ADS has been
manufacturing a variety of innovative and environmentally friendly
alternatives to traditional materials. Headquartered in Hilliard,
Ohio, we are a multi-billion dollar stormwater management company,
manufacturing pipe and ancillary products. What does that mean?
When it storms, we capture rain with our drain basins, convey it
with pipe, store it using chambers and finally treat it with our
water quality products, before safely returning water back to the
environment. We handle, what we call, the entire lifecycle of a
raindrop. Our products help prevent flooding, which increases
quality of life for people living in large cities, suburbs, and
rural towns. We also believe in creating a circular economy and are
the second largest plastic recycling company in North America. We
use plastic shampoo and detergent bottles to create pipe, diverting
over 500 million pounds of plastic from landfills every year. ADS
operates a global network of over 60 manufacturing plants and 30
distribution centers. We have amazing stories to tell, and we need
your help getting our story out there. To learn more about ADS,
please visit our website at . Responsibilities Summary: The Demand
Planner is responsible for facilitating the creation of robust
demand plans, analyzing key trends, and providing appropriate and
accurate forecast signals for production supply to the customer
while building effective partnerships with sales team. The Demand
Planner partners with Planning Manager on reaching forecast
consensus identifying and mitigating opportunities and risks. This
position regularly interacts with sales, marketing, finance, and
other business partners. This position will also support annual
budgeting process to identify opportunity and identify risks.
Primary Job Responsibilities: The responsibilities of this position
include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with sales and marketing in the creation and
monitoring of item level forecast.
- Coordinate cross-functional research activities to reconcile
significant variances and refine the forecast to reflect updated
- Utilize a collaborative approach to obtain and ensure that
current and accurate information is used for demand forecasts.
- Participate and support monthly Consensus S&OP meetings
with Sales, Marketing, Supply Chain and Finance
- Tracks actual vs. forecast, highlight trends to management and
incorporates feedback into process improvement plans.
- Generate multiple demand scenarios, identifying and raising
visibility to risks and opportunities.
- Provide key inputs and assumptions of forecast to key
- Review historical sales trends, research demand drivers,
prepare forecast data, develop statistical forecast models, and
evaluate forecast results.
- Review market forecast analysis to determine customer volume
patterns and drive overall monthly forecast accuracy target.
- Participate in long range planning activities. Work with Sales
to gain valuable insights to trends and key volume drivers.
- Planning system maintenance including but not limited to
ensuring accurate set-up and data integrity within system,
reviewing exceptions, executing demand planning calendar tasks on
time, leading, and providing input on forecast related meetings,
understand statistical modeling and how user input impacts the
forecast, and reviewing consumption trends and taking corrective
- Drive continuous improvement by examining existing demand
planning processes and making recommendations for improvement.
Track change performance.
- Share knowledge cross functionally and participate in cross
functional projects as needed
- Drive continuous improvement of forecast accuracy and bias
through a developed understanding of demand by providing,
gathering, and challenging information. Job Skills: This position
should possess the following skills/knowledge:
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills
- Able to build productive workplace relationships that foster
collaboration while appropriately challenging status quo and
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of the
- Able to present to executive audiences
- Ability to influence and align multiple perspectives and
- Able to demonstrate agility under pressure
- Self -starter who is able to operate independently while
managing multiple priorities Educational Requirements: Bachelor's
degree in business, management, finance, or Supply Chain Preferred
Experience: Two years' experience working in demand, sales, supply
chain, planning, and/or FP&A. Physical Requirements: The
employee will be typing, answering phone/video calls, and will work
from a computer in a stationary position throughout the day.
Keywords: Advanced Drainage Systems, Columbus , Demand Planner, Other , Hilliard, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!