Frisch's Restaurant - Cook Hiring Immediately
Company: Frisch's Restaurant
Location: Grove City
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Under the direction of the Kitchen Leader, is responsible for
the accurate, efficient and quality preparation of all food served
Performs all required duties to maximize guest satisfaction and
quality work environment. The General Kitchen position is expected
to be fully knowledgeable about all functions in their
- Prepares ingredients such as meats, vegetables and fruits by
cutting, slicing, and portioning.
- Assures the cleanliness and sanitization of work area.
- Arranges ovens grill and other related equipment, and verifies
cooking ranges are set at proper heat levels.
- Practices safe food handling and clean up.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work station area including
tables, shelves, walls, oven, grills, and refrigeration
- Promptly reports equipment and food quality items to
- Properly cooks all items on the menu by following standard
- Arranges uncooked food by placing on grills or fryers.
- Understands and complies consistently with our standard portion
sizes, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and
- Monitors the time needed for each dish to cook and removes
cooked dishes timely.
- Properly places food on plates/platters, ensuring it has been
cooked per order, and appearance is aesthetically pleasing.
- Filters the fryers, restocks, cleans and sanitizes kitchen
floors, ovens, grills, and other cooking equipment.
- Assists the Dish Attendant with washing and storing of dishes,
flatware and glasses.
- Discards all trash in proper trash receptacles, and empties
- Operate standard kitchen equipment safely and efficiently
- Memorize, record, and comprehend menu items, abbreviations,
plate appearance, and portions
- Preferred previous experience in cooking, culinary arts, or
other related fields
- Must be a 'team player' and be able to multi-task
- Must be able to maintain a high degree of pace and intensity
for an extended period of time
Physical Demands & Work Environment
- Environment includes working with cooking equipment and
slippery walking surfaces (spills, grease, and debris)
- Good hearing, visual and speaking skills
- Ability to be on feet during entire shift
- Ability to stoop, bend, stand, kneel, crouch, twist reach,
push, pull, climb stairs, climb/balance on a step stool/ladder and
regularly lift and carry up to 30 pounds and occasionally lift up
to 80 pounds
- Able to work in and tolerate a variety of conditions and
temperatures for extended periods of time (heat, steam, and
- Must be able to work around, handle, operate and control hot
equipment and products in a safe manner
- Ability to handle sharp knives and cutting equipment using
- Must be able to wear single use gloves when handling raw/ready
to eat foods Associated topics: appetizer, cocinera de la
preparacion, cocinero, cocinero de produccion, cutter, grill,
persona de parilla, roasting, sandwich, stove
Keywords: Frisch's Restaurant, Columbus , Frisch's Restaurant - Cook Hiring Immediately, Other , Grove City, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!