Police Officer - Part Time
Company: Columbus Regional Airport Authority
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Columbus Regional Airport Authority ("CRAA") is currently
applications for the position of Part-Time Police Officer. The
purpose of this position is to staff designated Transportation
Administration (TSA) security checkpoints at CRAA airport
The CRAA Police Department is a full-service, CALEA accredited team
Officers who are responsible for the protection of life and
prevention of crimes, and the preservation of peace and order on
properties and surrounding roadways. Airports serviced by the
Airport Police are John Glenn International (CMH), Rickenbacker
(LCK) and Bolton Field (TZR).
The mission of the Columbus Airport Police is to proudly serve the
the Airport Community, to professionally work in partnership with
Community and to provide a safe and secure environment for all
work, visit, and/or travel in, around, or through the properties
governed by the Columbus Regional Airport Authority.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
law enforcement duties as specified by the Airport Security Program
Airport Emergency Plan relative to airport security
additional responsibilities as needed:
- Respond to overt and covert alarms at airport security
checkpoints and throughout the terminals.
- Investigate improper or unlawful acts, such as public
disturbance, security breach, or assault.
- Complete and maintain federal, state, local offense
and informational reports, files, and records.
- Conduct fact-finding and/or informational interviews.
- Exercise authority to arrest in accordance with TSR:
49 CFR Part 1542 and the laws of the State of Ohio and City of
- Assist in the search for suspicious items/bombs in the
event of threat.
- Processes lost and found property, and evidence, and
records all transactions according to established
- Investigates and documents activities of questionable
behavior observed on Authority premises, specifically at the
- Respond to activated fire, burglary, or other alarms.
- Responsible for asset seizures involving possession of
illegal drugs identified at security checkpoints.
related work as required.Minimum Requirements:
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- Have a current State of Ohio Peace Officer
- Be a citizen of the United States
- Have a valid driver's license
- Be at least 20 years of age at the time of application and 21
years of age at time of hireAdditional Requirements:
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local laws and ordinances and
law enforcement practices and techniques; general knowledge of
federal regulations as related to airport operations
- Expertise in recognizing and analyzing safety/security problems
and recommending effective programs for corrective action
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- One (1) year of full-time certified Police Officer experience
or equivalent accumulated on-duty hours as a certified Reserve
Police Officer preferred
- Ability to pass a personal history investigation including, but
not limited to driving record, criminal history background check,
physical examination, drug screen, psychological evaluation, and
polygraph or CVSA verification
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships
with other emergency agencies, co-workers, staff, and the
- Ability to understand and carry out verbal and written
- Ability to effectively write police reports and to communicate,
both orally and in writing, in a professional, businesslike
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with others and
possess a superior affirmative attitude and be a teamwork
- Ability to work a varied shift, including weekends and
holidays, and on occasion, in excess of the normal eight (8) hour
tour of duty.
- Ability to remain calm and professional during stressful
situations. Apply NowShare Save Job
Keywords: Columbus Regional Airport Authority, Columbus , Police Officer - Part Time, Other , Columbus, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!