Front Desk Associate, PT
Company: Orthopedic One
Posted on: March 19, 2023
$1,500 Sign on Bonus
Schedule: Monday-Thursday 10:30am -7pm. Friday 9:30am -7pm
- POSITION SUMMARY
- Responsible for providing excellent customer service and
scheduling patient appointments according to Therapy Services
- RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Customer Service/Registration:
- Greets patients in a prompt, polite and helpful manner. Directs
patients within clinic and communicates with clinical staff as
needed. Answers patient questions and responds professionally to
patient concerns, i.e., pleasant tone of voice, smile, use
courteous language, etc.
- Accurately and efficiently checks patients in and updating
status in EHR. Collects patient demographic and insurance
information and accurately updates patient record including
photocopying or scanning insurance cards. Performs medical
reception duties as needed including answering telephones,
screening calls, taking messages, pulling patient information, and
maintaining waiting area cleanliness.
- Copies return to work or physical therapy documents as needed
and prepares documents for patient appointments according to
- Prints schedules and prepares patient information for the
following day ensuring all required charts are current and
documentation needed is available
- Business Office/Billing:
- Collects co-payments according to insurance plan and
appointment type and documents on co-pay record. Balances daily
deposits as well as cash box according to department process.
- Pre-certify procedures as required by insurance provider and
documents appropriately; Scans and files documents into electronic
patient record such as Notification of Benefits form and insurance
verification documents; Adheres to policy, particularly standards
of conduct, patient confidentiality and HIPAA. Various clerical
duties including copying, faxing and filing.
- Answers incoming calls to triage, schedule, or cancel
appointments for therapy services and/or take complete and accurate
messages; Ensures that related follow-up work is completed in a
timely manner, including relaying message to clinicians to return
calls; Makes outgoing calls to reschedule appointments as needed or
to provide patient reminders of appointment times and information
needed for appointments, insurance cards, etc.
- Uses Therapy Services protocols including insurance coverage to
determine the most appropriate approach to scheduling
- Checks patients out when appointment ends, schedules follow up
appointments as requested and performs other duties assigned in
support of clinicians, physicians, and leadership.
- Willingly provides coverage, volunteers assistance, and
maintains workflows within department as needed without direct
- Works cooperatively and refrains from participating in negative
- Shares knowledge and insights with co-workers in a constructive
- Works to solve problems and address conflicts with appropriate
person directly before involving leadership or uninvolved
- Is considerate of others in the work environment with regard to
taking breaks or meal periods, use of computer and phone, noise
level in the department, etc.
- POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
- Policies and Procedures
- Knows and complies with policies and procedures as enumerated
in the Orthopedic One Employee Handbook and policies and procedures
- Provides assistance and support to leadership in implementing
policies and procedures as necessary.
- Actively participates in training, and conducting day to day
work activity by adhering to all policies and procedures as
enumerated in compliance and risk management programs.
- Education, Experience, Certification and Licensure
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Customer service
experience and excellent communication skills required. Basic
computer skills required, preferably in a windows environment, with
medical management or other scheduling system experience. Medical
terminology or other previous medical office experience desirable.
Must maintain CPR certification.
Keywords: Orthopedic One, Columbus , Front Desk Associate, PT, Other , Delaware, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...