Company: Dollar Tree Stores
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Dollar Tree's new start-up distribution center (DC) located
north of Columbus Ohio in Marengo Ohio is currently seeking to add
Department Managers to the building's leadership team. This role
oversees all aspects of an area/department within the DC operation
across a shift in an automated full service, high volume, full-case
retail distribution center with multiple shifts. Warehouse
Department Managers at Dollar Tree are responsible for:
- Managing and overseeing up to 20 associates and all related
functions for the various departments of the Distribution Center
including: Receiving, Order Selection, Shipping, and Equipment
- Each manager's general goal is to ensure merchandise is
scheduled, received, unloaded, and checked for Receiving,
replenished, selected and labeled for Order Selection, scanned
loaded and shipped for Shipping, and moved and slotted for
- Completing all responsibilities in accordance with company
policies and procedures.
- Maintain "hands on" accountability for the department
- Supervise daily activities of clerical and warehouse
associates: Allocate work, monitor productivity, and secure
resources to facilitate staff performance, ensuring the highest
standards of quality, accuracy, and housekeeping are
- Maintain a safe work environment, ensuring all proper safety
procedures are enforced and followed.
- Ensure associates are trained on departmental job procedures
using the Methods Checklist. Identify any additional training needs
in order to assist associates in attaining desired levels of job
- Partner with HR team to hire, train, evaluate and develop
associates. In conjunction with the Operations Manager and General
Manager, carry out evaluations, disciplinary actions and/or
recommends termination of employment as appropriate.
- Recommend changes, revisions, additions or deletions to
procedures. Continue to monitor the efficiency and cost
effectiveness of said procedures.
- Share and provide appropriate information and anticipates
information needs of associates.Functional Responsibilities
include: Receiving Manager:
- Schedule receiving of merchandise and materials.
- Coordinate and manage the receipt of merchandise including
scheduling, unloading, and checking.
- Monitor loads to ensure merchandise is unloaded according to
priority designations and ensure merchandise is placed in
appropriate reserve areas in a timely and efficient manner.
- Establish and monitor daily and weekly receiving schedules and
priorities; ensure unloading and check policies are adhered to and
resources are utilized appropriately in order to control
- Determine appropriate procedures for receiving and checking
merchandise.Order Selection Manager:
- Schedule proper retrieval, replenishment and order filling of
merchandise to ensure the smooth flow of items to serviced
- Monitor order selection and replenishment to ensure merchandise
is stored and selected according to expected quality and accuracy
standards, with a strong focus on customer service and high quality
communications with stores serviced.
- Determine appropriate procedures for the replenishment and
selection of merchandise.Shipping Manager:
- Schedule shipping of merchandise and materials to ensure the
smooth flow of said items.
- Monitor loads to ensure merchandise is loaded according to
quality and accuracy standards with a strong focus on customer
service and high quality communications with stores serviced.
- Determine appropriate procedures for the shipping and loading
of merchandise.Equipment Manager:
- Coordinate and manage the movement of merchandise.
- Ensure all equipment is properly cared for and well
- Ensure all departments have the equipment needed to complete
- Track and keep records of whereabouts of equipment and
associates assigned to operate.What we need from you:
- High school diploma or equivalent required, Bachelor's degree
in business administration or logistics preferred
- Three (3) or more years of management experience in a high
volume, automated distribution environment, or educational
- Solid knowledge of distribution center practices and
- Strong leadership, administrative, organizational, managerial,
interpersonal, and communication skills; Ability to lead by
example, mentor, develop, and foster a team environment are
- Strong ability to lead/coach associates towards professional
- Ability to understand and demonstrate technical /equipment, and
- Progressive analytical ability to gather and interpret
information then; develop, recommend, and implement pro-active
- Ability to work any shift
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Strong PC skills: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access
- Working knowledge of WMS System What we offer you: ---Dollar
Tree offers a full benefits package including: Medical, Dental,
Vision, Life Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, 401K, Profit
Sharing and Discount Employee Stock Purchase Plan.Due to our
tremendous growth we also offer excellent career GROWTH
opportunities for motivated individuals---Why Dollar Tree? Dollar
Tree is a: ---Priceless Experience: A career with Dollar Tree also
comes with a lot of variety. It's a fun career that allows you to
wear a different hat every day.Big Company with Big Ideas: We are
the nation's leading operator of single price point dollar stores
with more than 6,000 locations in 48 states, a $19+ billion
corporate owned chain.Valuable Partner: We're all on the same team
at Dollar Tree. We're about people treating each other with
respect, camaraderie and a sense of joint purpose.Career Growth
Opportunity: If you have the drive and energy, a career with Dollar
Tree can take you just about anywhere you want to go.Place We Can
All Profit: Why not have your cake and eat it too? Work for a great
company and in return get a great benefits package that shows our
appreciation. ---Discover for yourself how far this DOLLAR can take
you! ---Dollar Tree is an equal opportunity employer#CB#
Keywords: Dollar Tree Stores, Columbus , 153_LOADER, Other , Marengo, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...