Junior Information Security Assessor
Posted on: March 20, 2023
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARYWe are seeking Junior Information
Security Assessors to join our team supporting an Internal Revenue
Service (IRS) client. The team will ensure protection of Federal
Tax Information with IRS trade partners while ensuring compliance
with NIST 800-53 controls framework.Location of work is remote.
Position will require travel to other government agency sites for
information security control assessments. Periodic travel to the
IRS facility in Washington DC for meetings may also be
required.*Positions are contingent on contract award.
- Use NIST SP 800-53, "Security and Privacy Controls for
Information Systems and Organizations", to assess information
security controls for compliance
- Interview key stakeholders (developers, ISSOs, business POCs,
etc.) to determine security controls implementation.
- Assist in the execution of the security control assessment plan
by following provided assessment procedures, collecting, and
analyzing evidence, and documenting steps taken, and findings
- Update System Security Plan with actual control implementation
determined during assessment.Project Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university
required. Information Technology curriculum preferred. An
additional four (4) years of related experience may substitute for
- At least three (3) years of information security experience or
- At least active Security+ certification or one of the preferred
certifications listed below.
- Experience in assessing, identifying, and addressing technical
computer security risk and conducting computer security
- Possess strong attention to detail, and verbal and written
- Knowledge of Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M)
- Knowledge of FedRAMP Information Security control
- Preferred qualifications and experience include: experience
with IRS projects; Knowledge of IRS 1075, and/or Treasury Directive
Policy 85-01; CISA, CISM, CISSP, CEH, Cloud+ and/or CIPT
certificationsAdditional Requirements as per Contract:
- Candidates must meet requirements to obtain and maintain an IRS
Minimum Background Investigation (MBI) clearance (active IRS
Moderate Risk MBI clearance is a plus)
- Candidates must be a US Citizen or a Legal Permanent Resident
(Green Card status) for 3 years, and be Federal Tax
compliantESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with all stakeholders to identify the workaround or
resolution for the incident.
- Set expectations of all stakeholders about the timelines and
permissions required for the resolution.
- Send periodic updates to the stakeholders until the incident
has been resolved.
- Work independently to ensure that planned solutions based on
customer requirements are secured in accordance with policies.
- Work independently to provide security consulting services to
other engineers and customers.
- Review, analyze, and evaluate business systems and user
- Typically requires a Bachelor's degree and 3-5 years of related
work experience; or an advanced degree without experience; or
equivalent work experience.
- Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of
situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors.
- Exercises judgement within defined procedures and practices to
determine appropriate action.
- Builds productive internal/external working
relationships.MAXIMUS INTRODUCTIONSince 1975, Maximus has operated
under its founding mission of Helping Government Serve the People,
enabling citizens around the globe to successfully engage with
their governments at all levels and across a variety of health and
human services programs. Maximus delivers innovative business
process management and technology solutions that contribute to
improved outcomes for citizens and higher levels of productivity,
accuracy, accountability and efficiency of government-sponsored
programs. With more than 30,000 employees worldwide, Maximus is a
proud partner to government agencies in the United States,
Australia, Canada, Saudi Arabia, Singapore and the United Kingdom.
For more information, visit https://www.maximus.com.EEO
STATEMENTEEO Statement: Active military service members, their
spouses, and veteran candidates often embody the core competencies
Maximus deems essential, and bring a resiliency and dependability
that greatly enhances our workforce. We recognize your unique
skills and experiences, and want to provide you with a career path
that allows you to continue making a difference for our country.
We're proud of our connections to organizations dedicated to
serving veterans and their families. If you are transitioning from
military to civilian life, have prior service, are a retired
veteran or a member of the National Guard or Reserves, or a spouse
of an active military service member, we have challenging and
rewarding career opportunities available for you. A committed and
diverse workforce is our most important resource. Maximus is an
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Maximus provides
equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disabled
status.PAY TRANSPARENCYMaximus compensation is based on various
factors including but not limited to job location, a candidate's
education, training, experience, expected quality and quantity of
work, required travel (if any), external market and internal value
analysis including seniority and merit systems, as well as internal
pay alignment. Annual salary is just one component of Maximus's
total compensation package. Other rewards may include short- and
long-term incentives as well as program-specific awards.
Additionally, Maximus provides a variety of benefits to employees,
including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance,
a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off.
Compensation ranges may differ based on contract value but will be
commensurate with job duties and relevant work experience. An
applicant's salary history will not be used in determining
Keywords: MAXIMUS, Columbus , Junior Information Security Assessor, Other , Parkersburg, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...