Multi Skilled Tech - Diley Ridge - Casual Nights/rotating to ED
Company: Mount Carmel Health
Location: Canal Winchester
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Employment Type: Part time Shift: 12 Hour Night Shift
Description: An affiliation of Mount Carmel and Fairfield Medical
Center, Diley Ridge Medical Center is a state-of-the-art medical
complex that includes emergency, inpatient and diagnostic services
as well as an attached medical office building. Located in Canal
Winchester, the center serves patients throughout northern
Fairfield County, including the communities of Pickerington,
Groveport, Canal Winchester, Carroll, Baltimore and Violet
At Diley Ridge Medical Center, we're proud to be a part of the
lives of the people in our community. That's why we're looking for
Techs who have a strong spirit of community, sense of teamwork and
constant focus on excellence. Job Qualifications (Knowledge,
Skills, and Abilities)
- Education: High school graduate or equivalency preferred.
- Successful completion of an approved course(s) which includes
basic patient care skills, EKG, and phlebotomy preferred.
- Experience: Previous patient care experience and / or technical
education in health related field preferred.
- Ability to work under pressure and receive multiple
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, verbal & written
- BLS, healthcare provider, required.
- Exhibits a community and customer service focus. Job
Relationships Reports to: Director of Patient Care Services,
Assistant Clinical Manager, Charge Nurse or designee Supervises:
- N /A Job Responsibilities Essential Responsibilities:
- Service Excellence:
- Exhibits the Service Excellence Behavior Standards, role
modeling excellence for all to see. For example: demonstrates
friendliness and courtesy, effective communication creates a
professional environment and provides first class service.
- Provides for periodic rounding on patients & families,
providing updates and initiating service recover on identified
- Clinical Practice - Routine Patient Care:
- Under the direction of an RN, or other licensed staff
- Delivers patient care for an assigned group of patients.
(Examples include, but are not limited to: vital signs, I&O,
Height, weight, activities of daily living, preparation for
admission, post-mortem care, patient transport and admission,
ensures security of patient belongings.
- Responds to patient requests in a timely manner.
- Clinical Practice - Technical Skills:
- Under the direction of an RN, or other licensed staff member,
- EKG & Monitor lead placement.
- Orthopedic skills (i.e.) splinting, crutch fitting, gait
- Visual acuity, eye irrigation & equipment set-up.
- CLIA-waived testing (i.e.) point of care glucose.
- Collects specimens (i.e.) throat, urine, stool, sputum.
- Wound cleansing & application of a sterile dressing.
- Suture & staple removal.
- Urinary catheterization & Foley care.
- Suture tray set-up, assisting with procedure.
- Set-up & assisting with pelvic exam.
- Assisting in triage, with data collection.
- Assist with application of restraints.
- Participates as a team member in hazardous material
- Documentation & Reporting:
- Provides accurate and complete documentation in accordance with
standards, policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Completes clothing list.
- Reports observations & condition changes to RN and / or
physician within a timely manner.
- Captures & records charges.
- Safe Practice:
- Practices positive patient identification.
- Completes assigned responsibilities according to policies,
procedures, & organizational guidelines.
- Initiates appropriate emergency procedures.
- Maintains equipment appropriate to the care environment.
- Provides for a safe environment for patients (i.e.) side rails,
patient positioning, maintains patient's environment, cleaning
patient stretchers & rooms between patient, provides post procedure
clean-up, returning equipment to proper place, monitors patients
who require direct visualization to ensure self protection or
prevent elopement risk.
- Communicates pertinent clinical information to appropriate
members of the patients care team.
- Keeps patient & families appraised and updated. Establishes and
maintains positive strong communication with patients and
- Assists the clinical staff with answering incoming & placement
of outgoing phone calls, utilizing scripted messages.
- Computer Skills:
- Utilizes computer systems, appropriate to position
- Appropriate use of the internet and intranet.
- Assumes responsibility to facilitate improvements in patients
care, staff & physician relationships and the working climate.
- Assumes responsibility for room supply replenishment and room
- Assumes responsibility for completing own education.
- Assists in orientation of new staff and participates in student
instruction and experiences when requested.
- Accepts responsibility for being pro-active in cost effective
utilization of supplies and resources.
- Accepts responsibility for non-direct patient care
responsibilities, as assigned (i.e.) obtaining medical records,
transporting specimens, etc.
- Assists in maintenance of departmental compliance with
continuous regulatory readiness. Other Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for compliance with Organizational Integrity
through raising questions and promptly reporting actual or
- Participates in and coordinates with organizational process to
collect and evaluate information about hazards and safety practices
that are used to identify safety management issues. Adheres to
established policies and procedures, which may include wearing of
personal protective equipment.
- Participates in and fosters a performance improvement approach
that includes both intradepartmental and interdepartmental
- Exhibits a customer service and community focus.
- Fosters a climate that will assist Diley Ridge Medical Center
to fulfill its mission.
- Accepts other responsibilities as assigned. Our Commitment to
Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000
physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve
diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the
cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and
health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that
knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize
that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our
world and that these differences often lead to innovative
solutions. Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce
(through training and education, recruitment, retention, and
development), commitment and accountability, communication,
community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
Keywords: Mount Carmel Health, Columbus , Multi Skilled Tech - Diley Ridge - Casual Nights/rotating to ED, Other , Canal Winchester, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...