Anti-Human Trafficking Victim Advocate Coordinator
Company: Ohio Department of Commerce
Posted on: May 28, 2023
The Ohio Attorney General's Office has played a vital role in shaping Ohio's past and present and the work it does today helps chart the state's future. The office consists of nearly 30 distinct sections that advocate for consumers and victims of crime, assist the criminal justice community, provide legal counsel for state offices and agencies, and enforce certain state laws. In these and other capacities, staff members interact with tens of thousands of Ohioans each year.
What You'll Do:
The Ohio Attorney General's Office is seeking an Anti-Human Trafficking Victim Advocate Coordinator in our Human Trafficking Initiative (HTI) within our Crime Victim Services Section. The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated self-starter who is passionate about supporting survivors of human trafficking towards healing and will have experience creating and presenting educational programs for the community. This position will work a hybrid in-person/remote schedule. There may be changes to this schedule based on training and operational needs. The headquarter location is Columbus, Ohio. The d uties for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Assist Assistant Attorneys General in research, training, analysis, evaluation & coordination of Anti-Human Trafficking measures throughout the State of Ohio;
- Builds upon the referral network of service partners for human trafficking victims;
- Works with community service partners to assist with emergency response to victims of human trafficking;
- Develop strategies to identify and refer those at-risk or victims of trafficking;
- Provide crisis intervention with walk-ins and or crisis line calls, as needed;
- Support survivors through the investigative and criminal justice systems by providing case status information, explaining investigative and prosecution processes, and accompanying victims to law enforcement interviews and court as needed;
- Provide follow-up and on-going advocacy services;
- Develop and attend various trainings, for different audience, including the annual Human Trafficking Summit and statewide 101 victim programming;
- Contribute to the compilation and publication of the Annual HT Report;
- Continue development and fostering of relationships with multi-disciplinary teams, regional human trafficking task forces and anti-human trafficking coalitions throughout Ohio;
- Lead the Victim Services Matrix project; and
- Other duties as assigned
May require travel and m ay work varied hours.
What's in it for you:
At the State of Ohio, we take care of the team that cares for Ohioans. We provide a variety of quality, competitive benefits to eligible full-time and part-time employees. For a list of all the State of Ohio Benefits, visit our Total Rewards website ! Our benefits package includes:
Completion of a bachelor's degree in social services (e.g. criminology, sociology, psychology) or a related field
2 years' experience in anti-human trafficking initiatives.
Keywords: Ohio Department of Commerce, Columbus , Anti-Human Trafficking Victim Advocate Coordinator, Other , Columbus, Ohio
here to apply!