Press Operator 2nd & 3rd shift
Company: Worthington Industries, Inc
Posted on: November 17, 2023
Worthington Industries is looking to add a Press Operator to our
team for 2nd & 3rd shift. The primary roles of the Press Operator
are to operate specified machine, train others to get the maximum
efficiency on the machine and move material to/from a machine in
order for production to run smoothly. This role may also be
responsible for moving material with a forklift and/or crane,
building arbors and setting up machines for use. We are looking for
candidates who are self-started with a strong work ethic.
- We do pay for experience. Apply today to find out what your
starting rate would be.
- Shift Differential = $1.50/hr for off-shifts
- We are hiring for 3rd shift 11:00pm - 7:00am & 2nd Shift 3:00pm
- You get access to our comprehensive benefits package on day
- We are a profit-sharing company; you see your hard work pay
- We have an on-site medical center and pharmacy; making doctors'
appointments and prescription pick-ups easy!
- Need a haircut? We've got a barbershop on-site.
- Want to get a quick work-out in? We've got an on-site fitness
center and gym.
- Our pay is competitive; overtime is paid at time and a half and
double time starts after 48 hours.
- Processes customer orders in a timely manner.
- Ensures the timely flow of material, contributing to process
- Moves material to/from a machine with a forklift and/or crane
in a timely, safe and efficient manner.
- Loads coils on payoff reel and moves processed material to
- Oversees order change over on regular orders - setup machines
- Other duties as assigned.
- Complete knowledge of all functions of machine
- Computer knowledge - Oracle operating system
- Mechanical knowledge
- Basic writing and math skills
- Must know how to read all measuring devices
- Knows hazard communication and hazard energy
- Ability to lead by example, coach and train in basic functions
of machine set up and operation
- Ability to make quality decisions for minor defects and proper
tooling needed for set ups
- Must understand the safety training and procedures
- Ability to perform all required quality checks and surface
inspection of material
- 6 months of previous material handling experience or equivalent
- Forklift and/or crane license
- Required OSHA safety training provided
Keywords: Worthington Industries, Inc, Columbus , Press Operator 2nd & 3rd shift, Other , Westerville, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!