Parking System Integration Engineer
Company: American Honda Motor Co Inc
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Parking System Integration Engineer Location: Raymond, OH
Workstyle: Hybrid What Makes a Honda, is Who makes a Honda? Honda
has a clear vision for the future, and it's a joyful one. We are
looking for individuals with the skills, courage, persistence, and
dreams that will help us reach our future-focused goals. At our
core is innovation. Honda is constantly innovating and developing
solutions to drive our business with record success. We strive to
be a company which serves as a source of "power" that supports
people around the world who are trying to do things based on their
own initiative and that helps people expand their own potential. To
this end, Honda strives to realize "the joy and freedom of
mobility" by developing new technologies and an innovative approach
to achieve a "zero environmental footprint." We are looking for
qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds, experiences,
continuous improvement values, and a strong work ethic to join our
team. If your goals and values align with Honda's, we want you to
join our team to Bring the Future! About this Position: The ADAS
Architecture - System Integration Engineer is responsible for the
development of the Advanced Driver Assist Systems (ADAS) Parking
Sensor and Low Speed Automatic Emergency Braking system integration
to support ADAS functions; aligning with the vision of HDMA of
ensuring project deliverables are achieved on time and with a
quality mindset. Responsibilities include:
- Lead and oversee the system integration to the vehicle to
ensure mechanical and electrical requirements are fulfilled. Lead
technical escalation, using root cause analysis methods and
developing countermeasure solutions.
- Lead and oversee system simulations and testing of system
- Project management and evaluation reporting for responsible
- Instrument, test and troubleshoot vehicles. Resolve function
and vehicle issues in relation to the responsible function
- Analyze and report results of simulations and test data.
- Prepare and obtain approval for system specifications.
- Recommend solutions for test failures and correlate with
appropriate departments and mentor/aid junior engineers in overall
system validation and development processes. Who we are seeking:
Required Experience: Minimum of 5 years of experience or equivalent
combination of education and experience required. Required
Education: BS in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or Mechanical
Engineering Technology (MET). Other job-specific skills:
- Must understand vehicle structure, component integration, and
- Hands on mechanical ability / Understanding of Vehicle
- Analytical skills to prepare prototype vehicles for
- Troubleshoot system issues and propose solutions.
- Some travel domestic and internationally should be expected to
visit various proving grounds, visit suppliers' engineering offices
and production locations and support Honda factories during
pre-production launch timings.
- Valid driver's license required to operate vehicles on proving
- PC Skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and other technical
- Excellent communication skills coupled with the willingness to
pro-actively seek out information from others and convert concepts
into specific requirements.
- Experience with data acquisition systems and Vector CAN tools
is a plus.
- Experience with detailed technical presentations.
- Experience with root cause analysis principles (5-whys,
fishbone diagrams, FMEA)
- Ability to multi-task and work independently.
- Acute attention to detail
- Strong collaboration skill(s). Additional Position
- Commitment to work necessary work hours to achieve all
responsibilities, including overtime and operating periodically at
early and late day hours.
- Must be able to lift 20 lbs.
- Kneeling, bending, sitting, standing, and maneuvering inside of
vehicles is required.
- Travel is sometimes required - 5% (International travel may be
- Office work is split between on-site and remote (Work from
- Vehicle-level testing is conducted either on-site in a
specified lab or offsite at a supplier/contracted facility. At
Honda, you will play a key role in our journey to become a company
that society wants to exist now, and in the future. Your endless
curiosity will drive innovation and your courageous spirit will
challenge the status quo. We believe having a workforce made up of
diverse thinkers and innovators makes us a better Honda. Respect
for each other and respect for diversity each day drives our
associates to contribute at the highest level and work effectively
in a team environment. We make the dream of mobility a reality with
our innovative and high-quality products. Together, we Bring the
Future to our customers, associates, and communities. We are Honda!
What differentiates Honda and make us an employer of choice? Total
- Competitive Base Salary
- Annual Bonus
- Overtime Pay
- Industry-leading Benefit Plans (Medical, Dental, Vision,
- Paid time off, including vacation, paid holidays, sick time,
and personal days
- 401K Plan with company match + additional contribution
- Relocation assistance (if eligible) Career Growth:
- Advancement opportunities
- Career mobility
- Education reimbursement for continued learning
- Training and Development programs Additional Offerings:
- Wellbeing program
- Community service and engagement programs
- Product programs
- Free drinks onsite Honda is an equal opportunity employer and
considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to
race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability,
veteran status, or any other protected factor.
Keywords: American Honda Motor Co Inc, Columbus , Parking System Integration Engineer, Other , Raymond, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!