Company: Gast Manufacturing
Posted on: November 19, 2023
If you're looking for a special place to build or grow your
career, you've found it. Whether you're an experienced
professional, a recent college graduate or somewhere in between,
IDEX is a place where you can apply your existing skills and learn
new ones in an environment where you can make an impact.
With interesting opportunities in engineering, marketing, sales,
supply chain, operations, HR, finance, and more across more than 40
diverse businesses around the globe, chances are, we have something
special for you.
Learn various aspects of the Engineering function by working with
the Engineering and/or Manufacturing teams on core product lines at
Gast. Provide day-to-day support of existing team members as well
as take ownership of specific projects designed to achieve product
development, quality improvements, and manufacturing improvements.
Collaborate with other functions of the organization including
Procurement, Operations, Finance, Regulatory, and Sales to achieve
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide project support for the Engineering team
- Develop Work Instructions and Standard Work
- Initiate and follow through on Engineering Change Notices for
- Write lab tests to validate product changes or measure
- Assemble and test prototype/derivative products work on
processing development teams
- Utilize project management tools to track activities and
progress on projects
- Provide Support to Product Manufacturing team
- Participate in CI/Rapid Improvement Events, and LEAN
- Assist in new layouts for production line
- Complete efficiency studies on the production floor
- Investigate/determine root cause of field failure/warranty
- Correct production quality/assembly problems
- Determine proper disposition of product in receiving/first
- Strong drive for results; manage multiple tasks and priorities
simultaneously; excellent verbal and written communication skills;
fast learner to new concepts, natural curiosity and willingness to
ask questions; proficient in basic Microsoft Office applications;
able to travel domestically for 1-2 days at a time.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS OR EQUIVALENCIES:
- Freshman year complete by start of internship, majoring or
minoring in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering,
Electrical Engineering, or related discipline.
- 3.0 or higher grade point average.
Are you ready to join a different kind of company where our people,
our culture, and our commitments are centered around providing
trusted solutions that improve lives around the world?
IDEX is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action
Employer. IDEX gives consideration for employment to qualified
applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, genetic
information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, marital status, age, national origin, disability,
protected veteran status, or any other consideration or protected
category made unlawful by federal, state or local laws
Attention Applicants: If you are an individual with a disability
and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the
application process, please let us know. Likewise, if you are
limited in the ability to access or use this online application
process and need an alternative method for applying, we will
determine an alternate way for you to apply. Please contact our
Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance
with an accommodation. These contact tools may be used only by
individuals with a disability for accommodation requests. Do not
inquire as to the status of an application.
Keywords: Gast Manufacturing, Columbus , Manufacturing Intern, Other , Columbus, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!