Entry Level Help Desk
Company: TEKsystems, Inc
Posted on: November 11, 2018
Role OverviewHelp desk technician oversees handling system support activities for operations & office network. They are responsible for providing excellent client experiences and working to resolve support issues in a prompt and professional manner. One of their main tasks includes providing password and login resets for end users. In addition, they perform advanced system and network repairs, as well as provide computer information responses over email, phone, and in person as needed.Responsibilities
- Monitor Service Desk for tickets assigned to the queue and process first-in first-out based on priority
- Use ticket tracking to document problems and their solutions, and analyze that data to improve performance and training.
- Diagnose problems related to hardware, software, networking issues, etc.
- Instruct users on appropriate action regarding solutions to problems and maintenance
- Provide timely and effective support, technical assistance, and training to end users
- Maintain a catalogue of technical/troubleshooting services and best practices
- Set up workstations for new employees
- Repair basic hardware issues
- Assist in preventative maintenance to ensure optimum system performance
- Participate in other IT-related projects, including new technology roll-outs and upgrades
- Perform other duties as assignedRequirements
- Minimum Associates Degree in computer sciences or equivalent from two-year or technical school or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of basic computer and networking hardware and maintenance
- Strong diagnostic and problem-solving skills
- Experience troubleshooting Microsoft Office 365
- Experience troubleshooting Windows 7 and 10
- Experience troubleshooting printers
- Experience with Active Directory
- Tactful and clear communicatorAbout TEKsystems:We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.
Keywords: TEKsystems, Inc, Columbus , Entry Level Help Desk, Other , Columbus, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!