Specialist, Compliance Advisory (Fair and Responsible Lending)
Company: Alliance Data card services
Posted on: May 19, 2019
Job SummaryProvides consumer related regulatory guidance and
support and is a credible challenge to the first line of defense
(FLOD) and/or other stakeholders to ensure compliance with
applicable regulatory requirements and internal policies; assists
the FLOD and/or other stakeholders with risk-based decision making
to mitigate/manage risk in accordance with the risk appetite of
Card Services and our banks. Advises on global initiatives that
span across multiple business area in order to solve
Reports toMgr or Sr Mgr Compliance Advisory Essential Job
- Independently interface with assigned business areas regarding
applicable consumer banking laws and regulations. Partner with
business areas/stakeholders to ensure compliance through counsel
and the implementation of controls, procedures, training,
monitoring, and reporting. Ensure business areas maintain
appropriate documentation as evidence of action. Independently
influence the business to implement necessary enhancements and
therefore demonstrate a measurable improvement in issue and
- Conduct periodic formal risk assessments (and informal risk
assessments as needed) and gap analyses of regulations, risks and
activities to identify gaps and control deficiencies. Advise
business areas to address gaps and deficiencies through development
of action plans.
- Assist business areas to remediate identified issues and
enhance controls to prevent recurrence. Actively engage in key
business area projects to ensure compliance requirements are
considered and addressed. Develop creative solutions that support
business objectives while meeting regulatory requirements.
- Remain current and anticipate changes in the regulatory
environment and/or compliance risks to the company and our banks,
as well as key business processes, products, capabilities, and/or
other regulated activities.
- Review and analyze monitoring results and complaint information
of assigned business area for potential exceptions, gaps, and
trends requiring compliance attention. Advise the business area to
address opportunities identified.
- Actively use the Archer governance, regulatory, and compliance
system. Appropriately inform business areas and Compliance/Bank
leadership of compliance risks through the development of
reporting, dashboards, etc.
- Identify role based Compliance training needs and lead the
facilitation of training accordingly to impacted business areas.
Ensure training materials and modules are updated, accurate, and
- Proactively build and maintain relationships with various
business partners within focus area to foster collaboration and
trust, to ensure that business objectives are achieved, and
compliance is maintained. Actively meet and engage with these
Education/CertificationsBachelor's degree and/or equivalent
- 3-5 years experience regulatory compliance or a related
- Applicable Compliance certification(s) including CRCM, CAMS,
and/or CIPP preferred, or other related certifications.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- High attention to detail
- Self-starter, highly motivated, able to work independently
- Ability to independently prioritize and meet deadlines
- Ability to thrive in collaborative environment but make
independent decisions when warranted
- Analytical and critical thinking, problem-solving; drives
decision-making and demonstrates the ability to identify potential
risks and requirements outside area(s) of expertise
- Ability to effectively influence 1-2 levels above
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat
Alliance Data card services businessAlliance Data's card services
business develops market-leading private label, co-brand, and
business credit card programs for many of the world's most
recognizable brands. Through our branded credit programs, we help
build more profitable relationships between our partners and their
cardmembers, and drive lasting loyalty. We uphold our Know more.
Sell more.-- promise by leveraging unmatched customer insights,
advanced analytics, and broad-reaching innovative capabilities.
It's how we deliver increased sales to our partners, build enduring
loyalty to their brands, and provide more value to our
- Alliance Data offers a competitive salary, a comprehensive
selection of benefit options including 401(k).
- All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of
credit and background checks.
- Alliance Data is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Alliance Data will provide accommodations to applicants needing
accommodations to complete the application process.
- Any applicant offered employment will be required to establish
that they are legally authorized to work in the United States for
- Alliance Data participates in E-Verify.
- Alliance Data will consider for employment qualified applicants
with criminal and credit histories in a manner consistent with the
requirements of all applicable laws, including the City of Los
Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To learn more, visit www.KnowMoreSellMore.com/careers
Keywords: Alliance Data card services, Columbus , Specialist, Compliance Advisory (Fair and Responsible Lending), Other , Columbus, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!