GENERAL FUNCTION: Performs routine and
non-routine clerical duties involved in the shipping of materials.
Delivers and collects mail from various departments throughout the
bank. Sort incoming mail for distribution. May create basic reports
for management and assist in the training of new employees.
Dispatches outgoing mail.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Prepares and dispatches mail to couriers.
* Stamps, stencils, or glues identifying information on incoming
mail or outgoing materials.
* Sorts mail according to destination by mail drop.
* Maintain security at I/O window.
* Delivers and collects mail from various
* Re-addresses undeliverable mail bearing incomplete or incorrect
* Determines method of shipment utilizing extensive knowledge of
shipping procedures, routes and rates.
* Tracks record and delivery of all certified, registered, and
overnight (express) mail.
* Maintains records on incoming and outgoing
* Verifies information on all counts (or weights) against bills of
lading, invoices, records, or other records.
* Assembles containers or selects pre-assembles containers
inserting items using spacers, fillers, protective padding,
* Ensures all mail is properly routed out daily.
* Maintains inventory of shipping materials and
* Serves as the ôgo toö person for internal and external requests
for mailing or delivery information.
* If required, acquire working knowledge of the 1FD
* May create basic reports for management.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None.