Distribution Center Operations Manager
Company: HD Supply
Posted on: March 28, 2020
Company Overview We're seeking a Distribution Center Operations
Manager to oversee the Inbound and Outbound operations of one of
our largest facilities. Our facilty in Groveport, OH is over 400K
Sq. Ft.. Reporting to the building leader, you will directly coach
and lead a team of 3-5 assistant managers, and a total team of
approximately 70 associates. You will provide strategic and
innovative leadership regarding employee engagement, process
improvement and KPI tracking. As a key member of the leadership
team, you will help us to provide Gold Standard performance to our
customers, shareholders and associate family. Start time will vary
according to business needs Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree is plus but not required.
- 6+ years experience in high volume, 300K Sq.
Ft.+ distribution environment.
- 2+ years direct management experience of 2-5 direct
reports and 50+ indirect.
- Strong analytical and process improvement experience.
- Inbound, Inventory, Stocking, Outbound and Shipping experience
- Effective organization and prioritization skills.
- Proven ability to collaborate and build key relationships with
- SAP or similar warehouse management software experience.
- MS Office proficiency, strong MS Excel. Perks of working for HD
- We're growing!
- Comprehensive benefits plan on first day (Medical, Dental,
- Generous Paid Time Off benefits.
- Advancement Opportunity with Fortune 500 company.
- Annual Bonus Eligibility HD Supply (NASDAQ:HDS) (
www.hdsupply.com ) is one of the largest industrial distributors in
North America. The company provides a broad range of products and
value-add services to approximately 500,000 customers with
leadership positions in maintenance, repair and operations and
specialty construction sectors. Through approximately 260 locations
across 36 states and six Canadian provinces, the company's
approximately 11,000 associates provide localized, customer-driven
services including jobsite delivery, will call or direct-ship
options, diversified logistics and innovative solutions that
contribute to its customers' success. With an active commitment to
the communities in which we operate, HD Supply associates are part
of a thriving organization that supports the virtues of wellness,
diversity and inclusion - all of which are top priorities for the
company. Equally as important is empowering our associates to grow
professionally while providing competitive benefits and
compensation. If you're ready to find a rewarding career and
achieve your full potential with a growing industry leader, HD
Supply is ready for you! Job Description & Qualifications Job
Summary Lead the operation of a Distribution Center in support of
company goals. Provide input and feedback on all operations
processes and results to DC Manager. Responsible for providing
input to DC Manager for departmental strategic and operations
planning, financial management, operational reporting and
communication, fleet management, departmental process improvement,
compliance, and inventory management. Major Tasks, Responsibilities
and Key Accountabilities
- Provides departmental input to DC Manager for development of
operating plans for warehouse and transportation operations in
support of organizational goals including facility, equipment and
- Identifies departmental financial resources necessary to
support operating plan and provide cost justification for
departmental spending; participates with DC Manager in the
development of department operating budgets.
- Provides process improvement recommendations to DC Manager and
implements process improvement action plans within the department.
Conducts routine departmental analysis on functions, processes,
asset utilization (equipment, resources, and labor) and
communicates results of departmental analysis to DC Manager.
- Leads associates to be fully compliant with all safety and
Hazmat rules and regulations, legal regulations, and human resource
policies; ensures safety and security of associates, facility,
equipment, and inventory relevant to department. Reports safety and
security discrepancies to DC Manager.
- Manages performance of Assistant Manager and/or hourly
associates and recognize, train, coach, counsel, and take
corrective action when warranted.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Nature and Scope
- Solutions require analysis and investigation.
- Achieves planned results by decisions and actions based on
professional methods, business principles, and practical
- Manages a group or team of professional individual contributors
and/or indirectly supervises support staff. Work Environment
- Typically located in a comfortable environment but with regular
exposure to factors that may cause noticeable discomfort or a
moderate risk of accident or illness, such as temperature extremes,
moving machinery, loud noises, and fumes.
- Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical
exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping,
climbing, lifting, and maneuvering material or equipment that may
be heavy (50+ pounds) or awkward.
- Typically requires overnight travel 5% to 20% of the time.
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally
7+ years of experience in a related field. May require
certification. Advanced degree may offset less experience in some
disciplines. Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific Details
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university
and/or logistics management certification.
- 6 years' related job experience. PRID PRID108 Job Locations
US-OH-Columbus Posted Date 6 days ago (3/20/2020 1:45 PM) Job ID
2020-37359 Business Unit Facilities Maintenance Functional Area
Operations Remote Position? No Position Type Full-Time Posting
Location : Postal Code 43219 HD Supply is an Equal Opportunity
Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and
Affirmative Action Employer. HD Supply considers for employment and
hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion,
color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national
origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability
status or any factor prohibited by law.
Keywords: HD Supply, Columbus , Distribution Center Operations Manager, Professions , Columbus, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!