Company: The SYGMA Network
Posted on: October 17, 2020
US3086 Sygma Columbus, a Division of The Sygma Network, Inc
Minimum Level of Education:
High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience:
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and
professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic
organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their
expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals
to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco
is at the heart of food and service.
Responsible for the efficient and timely delivery of the product to
our customers, accomplished through thorough planning and an
on-going process of monitoring driver performance, equipment
condition and performance, and business volume, while effectively
managing expenses in an ever-changing environment.
- Closely monitor driver performance via the use of the trip
master and other control features.
- Maintain detailed records of driver pay, equipment maintenance
and equipment performance.
- Review driver logs and paperwork to ensure accuracy and
adherence to policy and DOT regulations.
- Closely monitor equipment to ensure safe operation and minimize
- Order necessary parts and equipment used in driver performance
- Review routing and make the necessary adjustments to ensure
- Hire, train, direct, and discipline transportation personnel to
achieve the most effective use of human and physical assets.
- Plan and schedule assignments for the transportation personnel;
process the weekly payroll.
- Verify vendor invoices and complete A/P (accounts payable)
- Monitor trip records and fuel reports for mileage, fuel cost,
and fuel economy.
- Monitor monthly expenses in relation to planning and make the
- Perform the necessary requirements of the Department of
- Review backhauls to ensure profitability.
- High school diploma/GED
- 4-year degree preferred
- 5 - 8 years of transportation supervisor experience.
- 4 years of transportation experience.
- Must possess good employee relations skills.
- Must have the ability to communicate clearly, primarily via
telephone, with vendors, shippers, customers, and Company
- Work is primarily sedentary in nature. Frequent standing and
bending are required when checking equipment.
- A substantial portion of the day is spent on data entry.
- Must be able to read text that is close and at a distance with
or without correction.
- Must be able to perform manual tasks, hear, sit, reach, lift,
and interact with others.
- Office is situated in the warehouse.
- Activities occur both inside (protection from weather
conditions but not temperature changes) and outside.
- A calculator, copier, fax, PC, Microsoft Office applications,
CRT, Trip Master software, TRUCKS routing system.
Licenses, Registration and/or Certifications
- CDL License
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to
race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran
status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local
This opportunityis available through Sysco Corporation, its
subsidiaries and affiliates.
Keywords: The SYGMA Network, Columbus , Dir, Transportation, Professions , Columbus, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!