Electrical & Instrumentation Technician
Company: IES Holdings, Inc.
Posted on: November 22, 2020
Electrical & Instrumentation Technician
Location : Location
Job Post Information* : Posted Date
Job Post Information* : External Company Name
Job Post Information* : External Company URL
Location : Postal Code
Location : Address
Job Post Information* : Post End Date
Direct Hire Positions with Full Benefits
The project site for these positions is Pataskala, OH
Those selected for the positions must be able to commit to being at
the Pataskala job site
The Controls Technician II must be able to perform the technical
responsibilities of a Cable Installer and function as a lead member
of a technical team. The Technician II will coordinate small groups
of installers in the performance of daily workload including
adherence to company safety and quality standards.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
* The Controls Tech II will pull, install and terminate low voltage
* The Controls Tech II will be able to read prints, wiring
diagrams, drawings and specifications.
* The Controls Tech II will install control panels and
* The Controls Tech II will install and bend 1/2 inch to 1-inch
* The Controls Tech II will terminate and install various devices,
* Pressor sensors
* Humidity sensors
* Rooftop units
* Make up air units
* Variable air volume units
* Unit ventilators
* Energy recovery ventilation units
* Deferential pressure devices
* Variable frequency drives
* Air handler units
* The Controls Tech II will adjust the sensitivity of and set
addresses of devices.
* The Controls Tech II will install cable tray, j-hooks, bridal
* The Controls Technician II will assume responsibility for
effective performance of crew and provide necessary training,
coordinate personnel and timeline to complete project.
* The Controls Tech II will fully complete all IES COMMUNICATIONS
paperwork accurately and on time (timesheets, material transfers,
work orders, change orders, tool transfers and others as
* The Controls Tech II will adhere to and participate in all
Company, customer and industry quality and safety standards and
* The Controls Tech II will complete other responsibilities as
Physical and Mental Requirements:
* The Controls Tech II must be self-motivated, positive in
approach, professional and help create, develop and implement
project process improvement(s).
* The Controls Tech II must promote the Company culture and mission
to all employees, vendors, clients and business partners.
* The Controls Tech II must be able to act as the Company liaison
for interface with customer representative(s).
* The Controls Tech II must possess proven problem-solving skills,
critical thinking skills and the ability to effectively read, write
and give oral presentation(s).
* The Controls Tech II must be able to work at heights, off a
ladder and in confined spaces, lift up to 50 pounds and move up to
* The Controls Tech II must be able to see and distinguish
different colors, read small print and hear and recognize audible
signals such as dial tones.
* The Controls Tech II must be able to travel within the branch
territory and/or regional territory as needed.
* Regular attendance is mandatory.
* Screwdriver (regular and Phillips), drywall saw, torpedo level,
tape measure, snips (with belt sheath), pliers (needle nose and
channel locks), hammer, wrench set, cable stripper, flashlight and
gloves.Punch tool with 110 block and 66 block blade, tone set, 6/8
position combo crimp tool.
Education, Certification, License, and Skill Requirements:
* Must possess at least a High School diploma or GED
* Must possess a minimum of three (3) years of controls experience
and demonstrate the ability to supervise others.
* Must understand workflow on commercial construction sites.
* Must possess and be proficient with the listed tools.
* Must have proven skill level to interpret blueprints and other
project documents, including but not limited to, specifications,
reporting and quality requirements.
* Must know the universal communications color codes.
* Must meet Company minimum driving standards.
EEO & Affirmative Action
The IES policy on equal employment opportunity prohibits
discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin,
sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, individuals with
disabilities, protected veterans, or any other protected status or
characteristic. This policy applies to recruiting, hiring,
transfers, promotions, terminations, compensation, benefits, and
all other terms and conditions of employment, and also states that
retaliation against any employee who files a complaint regarding
possible violations of this policy will not be tolerated. IES is
also committed to taking affirmative steps to promote the
employment of minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and
protected veterans. IES develops affirmative action programs to
support its commitment to equal employment opportunity, consistent
with company policy and the company's obligations as a contractor
to the United States government.
Keywords: IES Holdings, Inc., Columbus , Electrical & Instrumentation Technician, Professions , Columbus, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!