SYGMA Fleet Technician 3
Company: The SYGMA Network
Posted on: November 22, 2020
US3086 Sygma Columbus, a Division of The Sygma Network, Inc
Minimum Level of Education:
High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience:
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and
professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic
organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their
expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals
to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco
is at the heart of food and service.
To provide safe, reliable and cost-efficient vehicles by performing
quality preventive maintenance inspections and repairs as well as
performing expert diagnosis and repair as required to prevent
breakdowns on road, reduce vehicle downtime and improve total fleet
- Perform required inspections and preventive maintenance on
vehicles and equipment with in planned time tolerances to maximize
the safety, reliability, and cost efficiency throughout the life
cycle of the fleet.
- Perform FAI/CVI (First Article Inspection/Commercial Vehicle
Inspection) (Annual) inspections on all fleet vehicles including
tractors, trailers, converter dollies, light-duty vehicles, and any
other company-owned equipment by all federal, state and local legal
and regulatory agencies. (Includes all state-required inspections
- Perform quality preventive maintenance inspections per company
methods on all fleet vehicles including tractors, trailers,
converter dollies, refrigeration units (Reefer), lift-gates,
light-duty vehicles, and any other company-owned equipment.
- Perform quality maintenance repairs as required to maximize
safety and reliability on all fleet vehicles including tractors,
trailers, converter dollies, lift-gates, light-duty vehicles, and
any company-owned equipment.
- Perform preventive maintenance, diagnosis and repair to
refrigeration units (Reefer).
- Address all Driver Vehicle Inspection Report write ups timely,
- Diagnose cause of any malfunction and perform repairs to
manufacturer specifications including but not limited to engines,
transmissions and clutches, drive-line, differential, steering and
suspension, fuel and ignition system, exhaust systems (including
regeneration systems), intake systems, electrical systems, brake
systems, HVAC systems and lift-gate hydraulic, mechanical and
- Follow procedures including documenting all work performed on
- Mentor, teach and share expertise with Fleet Technician I and
II to aid in their development to positions of greater
- May perform moderate supervisory roles when Fleet Manager or
Fleet Supervisors are not accessible.
- Proficient in electrical meter testing
- Knowledge of controls and electric (DC low voltage)
- Electric motor knowledge (DC)
- Complete electrical repairs and welding projects as needed.
- Medium/Heavy Duty truck technical training 2-year school
- High school diploma or GED required
- 4 years of experience OR
- 5 years of experience in fleet maintenance and repair
- Current and valid driver's license (CDL Preferred, Not
- Annual Inspector Certification Knowledge, Skills and
- Brake Inspector Certification Knowledge, Skills and
- ASE certifications - Automotive or Medium/Heavy Duty Trucks
(preferred not required)
- EPA section 608 (Core & Type II) and 609 HVAC - Refrigeration
- Working knowledge of computer-based diagnostic software for
OEM's and component manufacturers
- Expert knowledge and skill of all vehicle systems and
- Expert knowledge and skill in diagnosis and repair of
electrical systems on all equipment
- Expert knowledge and skill in diagnosis and repair of
refrigeration systems (
- Expert knowledge and skill in Preventive Maintenance
Inspections and repair
- Moderate knowledge and skill in welding and cutting (gas,
electric, MIG, TIG)
- Moderate computer skills and knowledge
- Expert knowledge of all DOT (FMCSA) regulations
- Moderate knowledge of OSHA safety regulations
- Moderate knowledge of environmental regulations
- Regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle
or feel, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear.
- Frequently required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch,
bend or crawl.
- Occasionally required to sit and must frequently lift and/or
move up to 100 lbs.
- Requires excellent hand and finger dexterity used for wrenches,
hand tools, and other shop equipment.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to operate various pieces of equipment
- Ability to stand, sit, walk, bend, reach
- Ability to push/pull
- Ability to lift /carry
- Ability to grasp tools
- Ability to perform Repetitive motion: wrenches and hand
- Working conditions: Frequently works outdoors.
- Occasionally exposed to wet, hot, extreme cold and/or humid
conditions; and moving mechanical parts and may be required to work
in confined spaces.
- Works non-traditional business hours including evenings,
nights, weekends, holidays and on-call.
- Occasionally be required to travel to other operating companies
or the corporate office as business needs dictate (i.e. training,
business continuation, etc.).
- Occasionally exposed to high, precarious places and confined
- Occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to
race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran
status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local
This opportunityis available through Sysco Corporation, its
subsidiaries and affiliates.
Keywords: The SYGMA Network, Columbus , SYGMA Fleet Technician 3, Professions , Columbus, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!