Company: Ophthalmic Surgeons & Consultants of Ohio, Inc.
Posted on: November 22, 2020
Our busy Columbus, Ohio practice is seeking an Ophthalmic
Technician who is looking to expand their knowledge, gain valuable
experience, and build meaningful relationships. Our ideal candidate
is an innovative and motivated individual who enjoys a fast-paced
work environment.We offer the full scope of ophthalmic care to a
rapidly growing number of patients. Our cutting-edge facilities
will make you excited to come to work every day. We care about your
education and advancement, so we offer to pay for part your
continued education and lay the course for you to keep moving up
the ladder in eye care. Our doctors are passionate about showing
you the ropes of the practice and teaching you a variety of new
skills on the job. If you are a determined individual and want to
learn from the best eye care professionals in the area, then we
want to hear from you!Responsibilities/Requirements:
- Strong verbal and written communication to take patients
histories and complaints, and documents properly in chart as
- Checks vision accurately, refracting when necessary, checks
patient's eye pressure, and instills eye drops as needed.
- Performs and evaluates other further testing when
- Checks exam rooms daily for used instruments to be sterilized
- Stocks rooms with adequate supplies as needed to include all
exam and surgical rooms. Maintains a list of all stock items to
replenish and utilizes this list while stocking to ensure all items
are being included.
- Maintains knowledge and compliance with HIPAA/OSHA
- Demonstrates working knowledge of eye anatomy, disease,
symptoms and ocular medications.
- Displays consistent professionalism.
- Must be kind and empathetic to patients.
- Experience or willingness to learn OVF, OCT, GVF, IOL Master,
Tonopen, Epic, Camera, Topography, Slit Lamp, Pachs, OSMO, Fundus
Photo, Lensmeter, A-Scan, Epi-Glare, Exophthalmometer, Keratometry,
Pupil exam, Amslers, Muscle Testing
- Willingness to travel to satellite locations
- No previous work experience in field necessary, but must be
enthusiastic and willing to learn Benefits:
- Paid Continuing Education
- Full benefits package (health, dental, disability, life
- Extensive Training programSchedule:
Keywords: Ophthalmic Surgeons & Consultants of Ohio, Inc., Columbus , Ophthalmic Technician, Professions , Columbus, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!