Warehouse Specialist- Overnight 6pm-630am- Columbus Plant
Company: Abbott Laboratories
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more
fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing
technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading
businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices,
nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues
serve people in more than 160 countries.WAREHOUSE SPECIALISTNourish
the world and your career as part of the Nutrition team at Abbott.
Our Nutrition business develops science-based nutrition products
for people of all ages, from helping babies and children grow, to
keeping adult bodies strong and active. Millions of people around
the world count on our leading brands - including Similac--,
PediaSure--, Pedialyte--, Ensure--, Glucerna-- and ZonePerfect-- -
to help get the nutrients they need to live their healthiest life.
Our location in Columbus, OH currently has an opportunity for a
Packaging Equipment Operator. This site is one of six Abbott
nutrition manufacturing plants in the U.S., with about half of its
products exported around the world. Working here, you'll feel part
of a family - a family of 400 that works together to help nourish.
WHAT YOU'LL DO AS A WAREHOUSE SPECIALIST: (RESUME REQUIRED)
- Must have good attendance and perform taskd that need completed
in a timely manner or need expedited.
- Loading, Unloading, case picking, Barcoding and Palletizer
Operations: Performs all tasks safely, assures accurate
documentation, follows all process procedures / Guidelines, assures
trailers are loaded to meet weight requirements, performs all tasks
in an efficient & effective manner.
- Shipping/Receiving Office Functions: Release orders in a timely
manner, assure all documentation is accurate, address people in a
professional manner, assure all databases are accurately maintained
with timely entries, assure BOL's are signed/dated by Common
Carrier Driver and the Clerk during the shift.
- Must communicate safety and GMP concerns to Plant Material
Control/Columbus Distribution Center leadership & follow up to
assure the concerns are addressed.
- Must communicate via verbal and email with all parties of the
- Ability to make decisions based on awareness of the area
operations is necessary.
- Must be able to lift and maneuver objects of considerable
weight (50 lbs). This position is accountable for complying with
applicable FDA (GMP), USDA, OSHA and Abbott Nutritional Supply
Chain regulations, policies, procedures and guidelines. Required
- High school diploma or GEDPreferred
- Forklift experience preferred WHAT WE OFFER At Abbott, you can
have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- A fast-paced work environment where your safety is our
- Production areas that are clean, well-lit and
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for
new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives
and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental,
vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial
performance and history of being actively involved in local
communities Learn more about our benefits that add real value to
your life to help you live fully: Follow your career aspirations to
Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the
growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal
Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.Connect with
us at , on Facebook at and on
Keywords: Abbott Laboratories, Columbus , Warehouse Specialist- Overnight 6pm-630am- Columbus Plant, Professions , Columbus, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!