Outbound & Shipping Lead
Company: Crafts Group, LLC.
Posted on: April 10, 2021
If you value community, creativity, and all things handmade, this
is the place for you. For thirty years Crafts Group (formerly
Crafts Americana) has been making crafts accessible to everyone
through quality products and engaging content. Today, Crafts Group
is home to four thriving brands that serve quilters, knitters,
crocheters, and sewists through print catalogs and content-rich
e-commerce sites. Our core mission (and passion) is to inspire and
enable people to create beautiful things.
The handmade movement is growing worldwide and becoming
increasingly relevant to the values our society holds dear. Here in
the US, we're leading this growth. We source the best quality
yarns, fabrics, threads, and other supplies so that crafters can do
what they do best create. We give crafters the tools they need to
support their handmade lifestyle.
Crafts Group is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to
building a company that represents the craft communities we serve.
We welcome employees of all backgrounds and perspectives, and we
are committed to providing an inclusive working environment.
The Challenge and The Opportunity
As a Lead in our warehouse, you will work with the team to provide
leadership to ensure workflow is smooth and uninterrupted warehouse
operation. As a leader, you will use your communication skills and
strong interpersonal skills to work in and among teams, to
communicate effectively, to listen, and to track individual
productivity, encourage team members to reach targets, and improve
team performance. You lead by example as a champion of safe
workplace practices. You are a critical thinker who is adaptable
and looks for solutions to troubleshoot and solve routine
Work side-by-side with the team, ensuring workflow is smooth and
Find solutions to routine production issues.
Track individual daily productivity and give suggestions for
improving group performance.
Champion a safe workplace.
Collaborate with 2nd shift personnel to ensure smooth operational
transition from 2nd to 1st shift.
Work collaboratively in a team environment with a spirit of
Be agile and flexible in strategizing to ensure priorities are
always in order.
Experience working with teams from multiple departments and
Trouble shoot and work with buyers to resolve problems on purchase
The Skill Set
- Knowledge of direct to customer distribution practices and
- Adequately communicate with associates and corporate
counterparts via verbal and email
- Ability to motivate and drive results in a diverse culture
- Lead by example, enforcing policies and safety rules, and
- Assist other work teams during times of high demand.
- Proficient with computer programs, such as Excel, Crystal, Word
- High School Diploma or GED and five years of experience in
production or warehouse environment, minimum two to three years in
leadership role in a high volume distribution center.
- Ability to become trained and certified in Lift Equipment
including fork life, cherry picker, and counter balance.
- Physical strength, stamina and the ability to walk or stand for
long periods of time.
- Heavy work requiring exertion of up to 100 pounds of force
occasionally, up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and up to 20
pounds of force constantly to move objects. Lift and carry 10 to 50
pounds occasionally and up to 10 pounds frequently.
We offer a generous benefit package, including
- Multiple medical and dental plan options after 30 days (with
company contributions to the premium costs)
- Healthcare Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Vision and other voluntary life and income replacement
- Company-paid Life and Disability benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with company match
- Generous paid time off benefits
- Employee discounts at all Premier Needle Arts companies!
Keywords: Crafts Group, LLC., Columbus , Outbound & Shipping Lead, Professions , Columbus, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!